my back up copy doesn't work

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by floyd, Mar 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. floyd

floyd New Member

Since I can't find my original copy of Arcanum anywhere in the house, I was glad to find a copy of the play disc I made a few months ago. However, when I put it into the cdrom drive, I do get the small start menu (you know, where you can choose 'play arcanum', 'view readme' and so on), but when I click on 'play arcanum' nothing happens!
    I've looked at the contents of the copied play disc and everything seems to be in order (as far as I can tell), but why doesn't it want to run the game? Is Arcanum copy protected or something? Am I missing something?

Anyway, if the back up copy I made is utterly worthless, is there any other way that I can still play Arcanum? It's still installed on my pc. I hate to think I'll have to buy another game - if I ever manage to find one, that is...

Thanks.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I believe you could fix this with a no-cd crack. Check megagames or some other place.

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

4. floyd

floyd New Member

Hey, thanks a lot. I didn't know I just needed to replace the original .exe file. It's working just fine now. :)

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Our Host!