My Arcanum RP

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by lonecourier, Jan 2, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. lonecourier

lonecourier New Member

So I started playing through Arcanum again for the trillionth time, but what's different this time is that I'm going to actually be role playing! I'll spend my level ups on things that are appropriate to the character I'm playing, which means, among other things, I won't be ending with a full 100 Magick Affinity like I always do, and I also won't metagame (Min-maxing and going to places I shouldn't yet know about, for example). Anyways, I've been toying around with some backstories and found one I'd like to stick with.
    Ok, we all know what happens next.

Anyways, I will update every once in a while with what happens during my play sessions, but don't expect a full playthrough to the end, especially since Arcanum is a massive game and I have major problems with sticking to this kind of thing, in fact, I think I have only beaten the storyline once in my lifetime, and it was only because I forced myself to.

V Starting Stats below V
    [​IMG]

V Day 1 V
    After the most definitely unexpected crash of the IFS Zephyr, Mr. Wittingson found himself surprisingly not-dead and crawling out of the wreckage, whereupon he hears the cries of a dying gnome. The gnome warned him of a coming evil and told him to find "the boy" and give him a silver ring inscribed with the initials "G.B.". After the gnome takes his last breath, a man in robes approaches Charley with a dropped jaw, flipping out and making him out to be some sort of god. Charley reacted in a rather rude way, but knowing the man wouldn't just let this go, Charley told the man, who had introduced himself as "Virgil", that he would humor him for now, and agreed that the two should look around for survivors. Noting a nearby cave, Charley wandered in, and into an ambush of rather pathetic rats. Inside, there was no survivors, or even a lone wanderer, but a dead body. Upon approaching the treasure chest behind it, something had grabbed Charley be the ankles and begged him to help. Seeing it was the spirit of the dead human on the floor, he scoffed and told the spirit that had it still been alive, he would be spitting on and abusing Charley, not asking for help. The spirit had said he was a protestor and in fact, liked the orcs. Charley called the man's bluff, and presumably told him to stick that flashing exclamation point where the sun don't shine, and would hear no more from him. He left the cave, and being the misanthrope he is, realized how much he hates people and took the exit Virgil had mentioned earlier, to avoid having to deal with the walking drama queens that survivors are, but had ran into a strange elf had insisted on hearing some information on the crash. Virgil had wanted to intervene, but being as stubborn as he is, Charley refused and began interrogating the strange elf. Turns out, the elf was there to ensure no one left the crash alive and attacked Charley and Virgil, whereupon Charley smashed the elf's head in with a mace that looked suspiciously like a hammer. Virgil noted a strange looking medallion on the assailant, so Charley picked it up and told Virgil to hold onto it so he could ask this "Elder Joachim" about it later. With all this behind them, the two set off to the peaceful village of Shrouded Hills...

2. symban

symban New Member

No offense but for someone who has utter dislike for humanity and is prone to keep to himself and his summons instead of real company; your character accepted the companionship and leading of Virgil way too easily, especially for someone who just experienced that Blimp assault.

I once played a similar character who ended up threatening Virgil with killing him, and leaving him behind. You know without meta gaming knowledge he is no less suspicious than the assassin near the altar.

3. lonecourier

lonecourier New Member

Thanks for the feedback, and reading through it again, I do agree that is horribly out of character. I'll read through the story again and see what I could do to make it more convincing, and if that fails, just remove Virgil from the party altogether and change the story to reflect that.

EDIT: I've got a lot of proofreading to do before I post these. So much redundancy and poor grammar... and about Virgil, I can't really find a way to make putting any trust in him make sense, so I'll probably just remove him from the party and rewrite Day 1, which shouldn't be too hard for me because my game just crashed and my last save was before I hit Shrouded Hills.

Our Host!