My Arcanum Expansion conception - BTE or CC

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Gildorn, Feb 2, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

Ok dudes, so here do I refer to private space for Arcanum expansion concepts, due to spoilers.
    Here I send my basic conception of an expansion that would be called either BROUGHT TO EXTREMES (BTE) or CULMINATED CONFLICT (CC). The arbitrary names are explaned in the .txt file within the zip, as is all the neccessary. :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oax0ar

New readers - CONSIDER THIS A SPOILER

btw. concerning the images - my idea of Gideon Laier's portrait, well, maybe you will be throwing LOLs and ROFLs, but I really imagine Gideon Laier looking like Mel Gibson if he was a follower in player's group. :D

input is welcome, post your modifications what you would change if you find something that could be done better or something that by no means could be.

2. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

btw. characters Gideon Laier and Fin'goroth Moth'rin would be best if voice-acted :), so the original dialogue with the original Gideon Laier would be additionaly voice-acted as well.

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Being a little short on time this morning, I was only able to scan through your story-line, but I like the direction it was going.

Mel as Laier: Why not....
    The portrait could stand a little work from someone skilled in Photoshop (not me!) but.... I could get used to it.

Also - Of the two name choices, I'm partial to Culminated Conflict.

4. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

that's quite fine, thanx.

about the portrait - :) well, that is kinda difficult, cos I don't know the technique Arcanum use to make corporate appearance with the other portraits. So that was my try - to snatch a fitting picture of Mel Gibson, scale him properly into portrait window, delete the background and choose fitting background color... then.. some hair customization into grey hair, plus caricature poster filter... well, I'm not quite used to do portraits, nor do I know the technique Arcanum use. I wonder if there's anybody who does.

btw. I am a tablet graphicsman and have in mind some featuring objects I could just draw up. Though it is questionable if it would not look unnatural in Arcanum that is pre-rendered. (of course any texture can be imitated by drawing 2D if you know how to ;) )

if you are interested, here are some examples of my skills:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hvuirh
    comment to gfx: if you have Photoshop or Gimp, you can open .psd files and check the layers; some chunks are inspired and "remake" from old Amiga game Darkmere (1994) - redrawn by tablet handdrawing.
    this I made to use for my own game I am planning, inspired by my favorite Arcanum and Fallout 1,2 RPG playing system. I don't plan to use any of that for Arcanum, but I could forge something with this style.

5. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

I didn't realize... I haven't noticed before, rroyo that your AWIP is actually Work in progress as I've found your discussions about your new releases of AWIP.

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/view ... start=1250

If I understand correctly, you are going to continue adding new features, quests and places that were unfinished before.
    Therefore I give you full permision to incorporate input of my conceptions, if you like it. :) I wouldn't possibly have time to start a brand new expansion with all the learning how the editor works with scripting and all, but anything I post, I give you permision to use. :)
    If there's anything I can do, I may create storyline additions, ideas of new places or characters, items etc. + even some artwork if you take into consideration.
    I wouldn't edit in the worldEd though. That would be your part.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

7. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

Fine. :)
    Do you have a mail or something I can send you stuff to?
    (btw. tell me when you've been through my conception - .txt file. ;) )

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

1) E-Mail: Not that I ever use. Just PM me.
    2) Will do.

Our Host!