My Arcanum 2 Wish List

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Maniac, Aug 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I've put my wish list for Arcanum 2.

1. Balance -
    a) Make guns stronger & magic weaker.
    b) Lessen the experience aquired for accurate hits.
    c) Increase experience gain for finishing quests in a diplomatic way.
    d) More balanced followers. (Not like Dog who is way too strong & very easy to aquire).

2. Sound -
    a) Unique gun sounds for every weapon (of course similar weapons might have the same SFX).
    b) Option to turn off the bird sounds (as most find it annoying after awhile)
    c) More followers/NPCs with recorded dialogues
    d) More sound effects overall

3. Graphics -
    a) Higher resolutions.
    b) Improved FXs.
    c) Smoothen the graphics overall

4. Non linearity
    a) Less main quests. Main quests should be hard & growing in dificulty so you wouldn't be able to complete two main quests in a row without training. Maybe something like four main quests. [1. A quest to get you started, for levels 1-5. 2. Early quest, for levels 10-15. 3. A middlegame quest, for levels 20-30. 4. The endgame quest, should be hard, for levels 40-50. Of course the game should be balanced that you wouldn't reach level 50 in middlegame unless you tried really hard & tried to do every quest.]
    b) More side quests.

5. More variety/realism [there's lots of it...but just for the fun...] -
    a) Make tech masteries that let you learn secret 8th schematics & make you tech atribute 120 which would be required for powerful found schematics. [Would add a bunch of interesting sidequests]
    b) More bullet types.
    c) Food would heal you & drinks would restore your fatigue.
    d) More weapons/armor.
    e) A car/blimp/baloon etc. for sale. Use for transportation & item storage [would be used like in Fallout 2 so no driving over badguys].
    f) A packmule [Maybe some animal armor for it?].
    g) Realistic weather - rain, snow, lighting/thunder, storms, etc.
    h) Sea battles against pirates & sea monsters.
    i) Houses for sale in the biggest cities.
    j) Much more things...

6. More user friendly & less buggy WorldEd/Script Editor [then we could hope for more mods]. Maybe an official Dialog editor?

7. Improved followers -
    a) You could choose between AI & manual control.
    b) Better AI.
    c) You could choose a fighting style for every follower.
    d) After a follower's level up you might choose between two or three different skills to put his CP(s) in [Eg. Raven levels up. You may choose to put her CP either in Dexterity, Bow or Strength.].
    e) Followers may learn found Schematics.

P.S. If at least 1/2 of these wishes were fullfiled Arcanum 2 would be my dream game. If at least 1/3 of these were fullfiled Arcanum 2 would a VERY good game. If at least 1/4 was fullfiled Arcanum 2 would still be very good. Who am I kidding? If none of these were fullfiled Arcanum 2 would probably still be a good game.

2. Settler

Settler Member

Well, I agree with everything there (who wouldn't?). Also different graphics for guns ( a rifle is a rifle, a pistol is a pistol, whether you have a Hand-Crafted Flintlock or Droch's Warbringer).

Storyline points:

1. Tulla in a big way..( Possibly the 8-spells-in-a-college and/or the lost college?)

2. Vendy in a big way (lots of inventions).

3. The Iron Clan in a big way (Dwarves making an active role in the world).

Arcanum 2 could be brilliant, if Troika cleaned up just a few little things.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

4. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

In my opinion, the whole combat system needs a major overhaul. It wasn't just the melee vs. magick vs. guns that were unbalanced, it was a combination of things that made it hard/easy. Lessen the chance of dodging bullets for example, it's hardly possible (depending on the speed of the bullet of course).

Different bullet types are good, just not too many. A few armor piercing rounds might be nice.

Main quests should (to a certain extent) be like the ones in Fallout 1 and 2. Only a few, but a few good ones and big ones, with enough interesting side-quests in between to keep you occupied and to train you to high enough levels before attempting the next step.

Fewer Melee NPCs, but please keep the verbal orders thing, i simply loved that. It's a sort of follower control you don't see in any other game. You should be able to assign them combat styles though, within the limits of the NPC's character and alignment of course.

Good ideas all around.

5. xento

xento New Member

I completely agree with all of the above. I think that there shoud be alot of changes without replacing the feel of the game.

6. tzehoong

tzehoong New Member

Hey.... I thought I replied to this topic a few months ago!

7. Maniac

Maniac New Member

That would be hard since it's pretty new :D

8. xento

xento New Member

Hmmm. I am also sure I have seen this string posted somewhere else. At least under the name "My Arcanum 2 Wishlist".

9. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Great ideas there ! Does ANYONE know is an arcanum 2 is planned *please let my prayers be answerd.......oh yeah, and my birthday wish....* :wink:

10. xento

xento New Member

Well, there is mention of it at the Troika website, but other then that, there is no hard evidence. Troika isnt allowed to tell of their future products.

11. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

BOOO!

12. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I've tried several times to make a gunslinger character, but I always end up having to use melee. Magic characters with the Harm spell, on the other hand, are way more powerful - I never even had to use a weapon with my mage characters.

13. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

M back

Hi, I'm back from wintering, automing and summering in the south

I believe that the levelcap should be set to a hundred
    You should get 2 char points a level
    There should be complete overhaul of all items
    You should find it a hell of a lot harder to lvl up
    the game should not be made so you finish at the lvl cap

At the start vendigroth should be destroyed for whatever reason and the player charector from the original went to investigate and had his head shoved up his arse.

That way the superpowered techies would be out of the picture and stop going around distabalising the game universe

I love technology and have never played a mage but the Vendies would probably screw it all up.

I think the iron clan is enough for now.

My opinin

extra- You should have the ability to mix and meld backgrounds as long as they don't interfere with each other
    like gorgeous george- beat with the ugly stick, born under a sign, neitche poster child (valid)

Bob the bastard- troll lookalike (something like that), ladies man (invalid)

and quests that give you weird perks apart from the standard Apprentce master thing

buy perks with char points

14. xento

xento New Member

Ya, there should be perks, but I think that there SHOULD be a vendigroth and Iron Clan. It would be best.

15. Childe Random

Childe Random New Member

In the spirit of thread archaeology, here's one thing I've got to say:

Dual Wield. Guns, swords, table legs, everything possible to use 2 at once, within reason. You'd think after 2 games of people asking for it Troika would've done it in Arcanum, but oh well.

16. xento

xento New Member

Well, yes, within reason. Alot of people can't handle doing two different things with their hands at once, and if they try, get the two things tangled. It would take dexterity to dual wield.

17. Childe Random

Childe Random New Member

Nah, it takes dexterity AND separate dual wield melee and dual wield firearm skills. If people complain that they can't dual wield from the beginning of the game . . . . Tough.

18. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Think how handy all that abidextrosity will come in at Madame Lil's.

19. xento

xento New Member

20. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

Our Host!