Mrs. Cameron's Reward

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Sinbad, Jul 4, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Is it just me, or is there a real imbalance between the reward that Mrs. Cameron gives a magic user and the reward she gives a techie?
    I mean, a Mage's Dagger worth a measly 85 gold just doesn't seem to be in balance with a Magnetic Chapeau worth 950 gold and you'd have to be playing a pretty wimpy mage for that dagger to be of much real benefit. It seems like a Magic Dagger would be a much better balanced reward since it is worth 850 gold, so it is worth at least close to the same amount as the Chapeau.

Since I am working on a new mod, I would like some feedback on what others think about this. So tell me what you think and would it be insanely unbalanced to have something special for elves to help them overcome that tech barrier, if they want to do so?

2. Baal

Baal New Member

Well it is kind of balanced, I mean her sun was a technologist after all. So would you really expect a strong magic item.

3. xie

xie New Member

I think the developers wanted to help technology, since it's a lot weaker than magic. :/

4. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

The reward seem`s fair because the task isn`t that hard you just have to get close enough..

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

You are right about the reward Sinbad. It would be more fair to replace the Mage's dagger (one of the least useful items in the game) with something more decent.

As for elves- not sure about balanced/unbalanced, but it would certainly ruin the role of the races in Arcanum. Tech elves, dwarf mages... what is this world coming to???

Our Host!