Moved: Topics

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Arthgon, Dec 24, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

It is just an idea, but would it be better for this forum, if someone delete the Moved: Topics. (They are still in the General discussion.) Because it should not be there, and it‘s clogging everything. Also, can someone do something about all of these multi-accounts?

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I just hope they won't be deleted, nor will they receive the "Banished to the void" avatar & title. Don't worry, they will post no more, they fulfilled the purpose for which they were created, therefore I have no use of them anymore. They can be locked, sure, I even think that would be the best fate for them, but changing anything in them or destroying them altogether would violate the whole carefully planned and conducted composition.

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Are you talking about that one topic that soon will be washed away due it's inactivity, in which you happens to suck ball?

Because that one topic is hardly clogging the area. In fact, if you hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't have noticed it.

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Arthgon is only one upset that Muro abused Arthgon. Maybe a hint?

5. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Oh, I just wanted to point out his stupidity.

6. Arthgon

No, I am not upset, because it is too pathetic and childish, to be upset about it. Actually I was wondering why all those moved topics are always left behind, while they should not be there. (There are more then one in the General Discussion, and in others.)

Muro: Sorry, but I think that those multi-accounts should be deleted. Perhaps you can have only one of them, so that your whole carefully planned and conducted composition is'nt destroyed.

PS: If this is not a good one, then just delete this thread.

7. Charonte

Charonte Member

What about moving it to the vault instead?

8. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

I do agree with Arthgon. The topics should be moved, not just copied to somewhere else.

As for Muro's accounts, let him keep them. It is christmas after all.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's great, isn't it?

I would say you shouldn't be upset because it was all done in good humor and, in the words of Philes 1st the Wise, "Taking this community seriously in even the slightest bit is taking this community too seriously". If Arthgon sucks balls wasn't already there (an account which I spontaneously created right after DE mentioned that without any submitted posts there is no way to identify one's IP and you happened to be the one who asked about it), I could have very well done the same show with something else. Not saying, of course, that you couldn't be included, old chap.

Leaving an annotation of the moved thread in its original location is the default option when moving it. I have some experience with being an admin and I can tell you that I usually simply forget/don't feel bothered to change it before moving, which is probable the case here as well. What your suggesting is of course the best option, but leaving annotations isn't really much of a problem for anyone when rarely any threads are being moved.

But they are my babies. I fed them with my own breastmilk. My own nipples. Sore nipples! Whoops, got carried away a bit.

I fail to see the logic in that. Blow up only a half of the Eiffel Tower and its whole carefully planned and conducted composition won't be destroyed?

I'm surprised how often requests for deleting threads appear lately, considering how hardly anything is ever deleted here. We either vault it or let it die.

Hurray for Rain Dog's Christmas spirit!

10. Arthgon

Perhaps you are right.

It was meant to be sarcastic.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    1) We've been suffering from a severe shortage of nobodie this Christmas, thank you for attempting to summon him using the magic keyword.

2) Unfortunately it had the unintended side effect of reminding me of this, which was the final straw that made me hate and loathe my own country and wish for a speedy formation of Vorakia.

Our Host!