Most annoying follower

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gargob, Aug 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I think this thread belongs in General Discussion. It would clutter the valuable search function for Hints & Tips.

2. gargob

gargob New Member

Not really people could check if it's worth it to get Geoffrey, Gar, Magnus and Virgil.

3. Canis

Canis New Member

By that reasoning the whole Hints & Tips board should be pruned of crap posts and threads (which would be dumped in General Discussion or some new Crap Posts board) just so the Search, which works fine as things are btw, wouldn't have to weed through so many posts.

Oh. You were talking rubbish again weren't you. Right, never mind then. :roll:

4. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Do you have a crush on me, Canis?? You were just trying to get my attention, weren't you??

5. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Since the Jinxor is currently MIA, I'm kinda going but what I feel is the right place for everything. I can't really prune all the crap topics in Hints and Tips by hand, because there's so many, and I don't know html/computer script. (Being very technical here.) I haven't really been following the N&A are HUMAN thread, but thanks for alerting me to spoilers. Spoilers don't belong here, but non questions about gameplay do. :)

6. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Umm.... it's kind of one BIG scientific debate between me and Chalupa, discussing the very principles of physics. There are a couple of sploilers on the first page though. :D

7. Canis

Canis New Member

I believe (in fact, I have FAITH!!!) the digression was encouraged by the thread being misposted in the General Discussion forum to begin with. In Hints-n-Tips, there's usually at least some effort made to keep things on-topic. Why, even that old flame thread that Natstar started with me was kept on-topic, I was so proud of us! In General Discussion, things have a tendency to wander....

Not that I'm not thoroughly enjoying the dabate, of course. Even though I can't see how Ferret can stand it, arguing about Reason with the Eternally Unreasonable.

Right, I'll shut up about the wrong forum thing before I end up like Chalupa with his Search fetish.

8. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

It's "Chalupa and I", Ferret. Make sure you say my name first when you refer to both of us in the same context.

9. Canis

Canis New Member

Eh, no, "between me and Chalupa" is correct. Fowler refers to "between you and I" as "a piece of false grammar... partly due to a vague recollection of hearing me corrected when wrongly ised in a subjunctive partnership...."

I hear they don't teach English up in Oakland anymore. Any truth to that?

10. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I was raised in Anchorage, Alaska. They teach English along with several other languages up there. Our "subjunctive partnership" is a figment of your imagination, Canis. And who said I was correcting Ferret's English??

11. Canis

Canis New Member

Well it was either that or you were being an absurdly egocentric bastard who always wants his name put first. So next time I'll just assume you're being a bastard and not give you the benefit of a doubt, that okay with you?

12. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Make whatever assumptions you like, Canis. I grant YOU the POWAH!

13. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Well, actually, it would be more grammatically correct to say Chalupa and I, but it is not grammatically INcorrect to say me and Chalupa. It's just not as good. Wierd huh.

And besides, I put Chalupa last because I just sort of tacked him on. It's really more me teaching Chalupa the most basic concepts in Physics that a debate really.

Well, technically YOU did, since that is what you were trying to do.

I'd say it was the latter option.

14. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

So where can I discuss about some questions about Arcanum background? It is not Arcanum gameplay, not chit-chat outside Arcanum, not any hints as it is not about the main game, not a suggestion to any new Arcanum games or mods, and not spoiler? Saying spoiler,

I grant YOU the POWAH!

That my topic GRANT people POWER to begin spoiling the very sercet of the game play. I shall make a better topic name. But yet, glad that the thread has now become an educational thread about Physic and Basic Science Research Technque, thanks to Ferret and Chalupa Cobra. Make sure reading this for "study"! :D

By the way, I still have a ton of questions, but thinking on where should I place them, after the spoiler hazard. Oh please, the charm of the House, the wit of all lords here, the pretty girl moderater Snowmane, of your great kind moderate power please tell me where can I post my lowly post in your honourable forum, to avoid the slightest trouble done on your rightfully placed selection of the many interesting forum?

And...... May be I should post this on "I love you, Snowmane"? :p

15. Flink

Flink New Member

This is a bit off topic, But I just tought about it now when I started to remember the good old NPCs. I'd really like to play the game again and this time get all the dwarf NPCs in my party. (Magnus, Longhaire and the guy on the isle of dispair who's name I have forgotten and that silly mage in Quintara.) But before I start I'd like to know exactly what kind of character you need to get them all so that I don't end up not getting them after all.

So, If someone would be so kind as to tell me how much persuation/which other skills are needed to get them all I would be most greatful. :)

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Anything that can possibly contain spoilers to Arcanum, including tips, hints, strategies, information on followers, monsters or anything in the game world that isn't given away by the manual should be posted in the Hints and Tips forum. That way, anyone who has never played the game won't have anything spoiled for them that reading the manual wouldn't give away. :)

17. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Yeah, Flink, listen to what Ferret said and make a new topic in the Hints & Tips forum.

18. Ferret

Ferret New Member

And just how was that supposed to happen when we posted at the same time? Be reasonable at least.

19. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Well, Ferret, when Flink came back and checked this thread to see if he'd gotten a reply yet he was able to see that he should start another thread in the appropriate forum, which he did. When someone makes a post with a question they don't normally expect someone to create a post answering said question while they are still composing. The way things normally go, people write their question and then end up waiting a matter of hours or days before checking back to see if their question has been answered. Although your posts were made at approximately the same time I felt that your comment was applicable to Flink's and voiced my opinion. I hope I've made myself clear to your ever-so-discriminating sense of the traditional.

Our Host!