More socio-political ranting.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TairNean, May 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TairNean

TairNean New Member

You know, I find it interesting that the 'liberal media' made such a fuss during the clinton presidency about bubba's lack of military service. Yet the same media barely mentions bush's lack of service. The press would rather report on freedom fries, and banning of bands for voicing an opinion. And of course, the soldiers fighting to free the oppressed Iraqi oil wells..I mean citizens.

I'm also sick to death of hearing about the 'tax refund' that most people received shortly after bush's coronation..err..inauguration. It stinks of buyout.

"My fellow Americans. I didn't really win the election, Mah daddy's Supreme Court appointees set it up all nice and neat for me. But, hey, it was all done nice and legal. But here's a nice check (of your own money) Remember to show your support at the polls next time."

And of course there's the blatant grandstanding of bush's what...million dollar sea cruise? As if the sailors didn't have enough on their minds, they also had to deal with extra security arrangments for the royal visit.

Now bush is begging for UN support to lift sanctions against Iraq. After his blatant disregard of the UN's input when he started this war. And what was the reason then? Ahh yes...to find and destroy hussein's stockpile of WMD. Weapons that haven't been found to this day. But then again, the reason for the war with Iraq has changed so many times, I lost track. First it was WMD. Then it was to free the oppressed Iraqi people. Only bush and the gods know what the true reason was.

And now, there's a bill in the works that lowers the number of votes needed to pass a bill.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030509-786855.htm

Gee..let's make a rule so if a bill doesn't pass the first time, we need less and less votes to change it. Welcome to the Imperial United States. King George would be proud. And the Revolutionary Army's sacrifices are in vain.

Bush is the worst thing that could've happened to this country, and it's Constitution., He asks for more personal power, attempting to circumvent the safeguards put in place by the framers of the Constitution in order to protect against governmental abuse of power.

We are expected to support our president in matters of war to depose a dictator from power; yet our president is well on his way to becoming a dictator himself. I know I seem to be the only one that sees through bush: Nepotist, A religious fanatic(can we say Taliban?Or for a more 'local' reference:David Coresh?), an idiot, an oil baron, and a despot on the rise. Hiding a personal agenda under the guise of homeland security, and freedom. I also seem to be the only one who's noticed that the same people who were in power during Gulf War v.1.0 are the SAME people who are in power now. They've just had their titles changed around a bit.

The bush administration is slowly removing the checks and balances that protect the people from tyranny.

How long before the 2nd Amendment is repealed? The administration is well on it's way to repealing the 1st. Well, let me say these two things:
    The 2nd Amendment wasn't put in the Bill of Rights so we could hunt ducks and mount bucks on our walls. It was put there to ensure the people the right to defend themselves against a tyrannical government.

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that we won't need it until someone tries to take it away."--Thomas Jefferson.

Our Host!