More Fallout II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadygrove, Jun 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

On the kill the wild dogs quest in Modoc, is there any setting that will get Cassidy & Vic to stop wasting ammo killing cows?

Also does anyone know a site that has a list of the drugs, their effects, side effects, & withdrawal symptoms?

Thanks.

P. S. At low levels, the .44 magnum revolver with speed loader just rules.

2. backstabber

backstabber New Member

to stop them from wasting ammo-don't take them along. i only found cassidy useful, the rest were all crap, IMHO.
    drug side-effects-dunno, sorry

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The easiest way to do that quest is to simply use a gun on the quickest mode possible. It doesn't matter what damage it does. Just try and hit every single dog - don't bother killing them.

Once the dog is hit then it will no longer go after the cows and thus will target it's attacker instead (ie. you). If you keep your followers close then te dogs will very handily all come to their deaths. :)

The best way to start this quest is to immediately run as far north as possible to head off the dogs so that you can snipe them before they reach the brahmin.

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Correction. Even at high levels, the .44 magnum revolver with speed loader just rules. :)

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I haven't gotten there yet, the girl who carries it is only 7th level, but I don't expect to be selling that piece anytime soon.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, each drug tells you what it does really.

Mentats increase charisma, intelligence and perception.

Buffout increases strength and endurance (possible more)

Pyscho increase damage resistance, agility and reduces intelligence

Jet does weird shit I'm not sure of, but I think it increases your action points. Good luck dealing with the crippling effects of addiction though

Rad-away and Rad-X are self-explanatory.

For the dogs, just run north as far as possible, and try to get into position so you can use burst to hit large numbers of dogs at once.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

As a very bright teen aged beatnick, I wanted to know everything. Certanly about any drug I was interested in ingesting. So I can't help wanting stats. THis gsme needs a PDR.

There seems to be three APs in Jet, maybe more. Was the reduction in ST & CN afterward withdrawal efects? Or just crashing off the drug? That's the type of info I was hoping to find.

I wish there was a combat setting that would efectivly tell Vic & Cassidy to lay off the cows. Atack the weakest, they shoot cows & dogs. Atack the strongest, they shoot cows & dogs. On your own & we should have a barbeque. All the cows die & some dogs escape. :-x :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Not really, the change in stats bring changes to secondary stats & skills with them.

Mentats; PE +2, CH +1, IN +2, sequence + 4, increases to 9 skills including lockpick, science, & outdoorsman.

Buffout; ST +2, EN +3, AG +1, increases to 9 secondary stats including AC, AP, & Poison Resistance. increases to 10 skills including small guns, sneak & outdoorsman.

Don't have any Psyco yet.

Jet; ST +1, PE +1, +2 action points. Increases to carry weight & sequence. increases to 6 skills including unarmed, mele weapons & first aid. Save before doing drugs. (I wish we had that ability in the psycidelic 60s.)

It looks like I will have to write my own PDR.

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Hey, Shady, sorry to hijack your thread here, but I'll give it back in one second. I just need to ask one little question.

How come the geckos in the NE hunting grounds in Arroyo don't attack you? Everywhere else I've been, those lil' fuckers are killing me.

10. Skane

Skane New Member

You can either:

1. Leave them
    2. Don't give them weapons with burst fire
    3. Don't give them weapons and tell them to melee. (don't know if Vic has melee)
    4. As soon as the quest starts run like hell to the north and when you see the dogs hit combat mode so they'll have a hard time reaching the brahmins.

11. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Skane, they are not shooting the cows accidentaly.

Can't finish all the dogs with just me & Sulik, one or two always get away. At least. I want an unpatched LGR for the end of that one.

12. Skane

Skane New Member

So they're not shooting the dogs accidentally?

Ok, I once had an ugly character and I only had Sulik, with a sharpened spear. What I did was run all the way north hit combat button and then I threw 2 grenades on them while they're still close to each other. I don't have a good throwing skill but I just did that to lower their HP so Sulik and I could kill them easily. I finished the quest but they killed 2-3 brahmins.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The quest is a bitch to do. Just run north as fast as you can, and start combat as soon as you're clear of the cows, and your followers far enough north. Use burst to attract dogs to you, and give your followers single shot weapons.

14. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I would like to think that they are shooting the dogs on purpose.

It isn't hard to do, but it seems imposible to do without having followers deliberatly targeting cows. Best try to date, 5 dead cows. If they would behave like normal cows, scatter & panic, things would be much better. But no, they want to crowd around & see what the fuss is about. :roll:

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Unless you're really into doing the whole Save/Load routine (and abusing it like you should a young child :D), chances are multiple cows will die.

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Here's the thing I found. If a follower accidentally shoots a Brahmin then they will become hostile. Your followers will then just gun down anything that moves. :/

I've managed to finish the quest with no losses before. I ran north as far as possible and as quickly as possible, hit combat and then burst fired the dogs so that most of them came to me. I then picked off all the stragglers (I go for high-ish luck characters and as much critical as I can, so I can critical one-shot kill more easily) and then dealt with the dogs all around me, which cassidy was nicely mincing with burst fire. :)

17. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Hmmmm, when combat innitiates, they all highlight red, cows & dogs.

O. K. next time I run faster & carry a burst weapon.

18. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I always do this quest after I finish the Slag/Modoc farm quest. You get an assault rifle with some extra ammo which is more than enough for this quest.

19. Milo

Milo New Member

Like Ferret, I usually do the quest with 0 or at most a couple of brahmin getting killed. Then I unleash the fury on the brahmin anyway, cause it's funny to see the old man get pissed at me right before I bone his daughter.

Our Host!