Module question.

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by wastelandhero, Feb 25, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

When playing modules, are they installed using seperate directories, IE: multiple installs and shortcuts, or can they be selected from the game options menu like Vormantown?

What are some good ones to try? I am currently playing WIP 2.2. A very nice mod.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    They are selected from the game options menu.

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I recommend The Tomb of Tol Guldur and Doomsday. Both are very good.

Both Doomsday 1.1 and the French version of Tol Guldur are posted in the download section but an English version of Tol Guldur is available.
    Here's the link for it:

http://champsdepelennor.free.fr/TolGuldur.dat

Thank you!

Admin: Any way we could add the English version to our downloads?

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It's done!

5. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Does WIP 2.2 interfere with the mods?
    I tried a few and they seemed to be broken or incomplete. One had a dialoge about rest, but I could not find the place, something about going downstairs. Others would freeze up. The one with the mummy was wierd, my character starting calling the guy on the ship that drops you off ma'am half way through the conversation, then he gave me the exact same directions for rest as in another mod, Dusty Dunes, I believe. Again no place could be found.

Should I remove WIP 2.2 before playing these mods?

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

On the few occasions I played a mod with the WIP project in place, I can't recall having problems. But then again, the only two I did was Vormantown and Doomsday*.

I do have a vague memory of one module that had incomplete dialog, but I can't remember which one off hand.

As for the WIP - an easy way to see if it's causing the problem is to rename the Arcanum5.dat and the Arcanum.patch1 file with an X in front of the names. This will effectively kill the hack. Start the main game long enough to finish talking to Virgil, then exit Arcanum without saving. Now try the modules.
    If you still have the problem, I suspect corrupted DATs on the modules or a faulty install of the main game .

* I did fire up a pair of French mods to see if the French language would cause a problem with an English version of the game, but those were just quick tests.

Our Host!