Minor Things That Bug Us

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Feb 19, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

As I am feeling tired and frustrated after my first week of studies - and next week is going to be even longer *whimper* - I have the need to vent about a few minor things that drive me fucking batty but which aren't all that important in the grand scale of things. And then I thought, hey, why not create a thread where everyone can bitch about the itty-bitty things, cause face it, we all have the tiny things that shit us off something chronic.

So here a bitch that has been making me twitch all week. Star Ocean: Second Evolution has been rockin, even if some of the translations have been changed for no readily apparent reason, but this one gets right up my fucking nose. Ashton's dragons used to be called Gyoro and Ururun. Okay, needlessly Japanese, but still cool names.

Some fucktard has decided to change their names to CREEPY and MOTHER-FUCKING WEEPY! :smash: What the hell kind of drugs make someone think that's a good idea?

Also on the subject of Second Evolution, why is it that, while everyone else in the damn game including the CHARACTER IN QUESTION pronounce Noel's name the way you'd expect it to be pronounced, but Claude and Rena pronounce it like a certain christmas carol? FUCKING NO!

Why is it that any driver over the apparent age of about 55 seems to be incapable of driving faster than 20km/h? Some of us have PLACES TO BE, motherfuckers! And it's always on the roads where you couldn't possibly overtake them... so when you hit a place where you could get past, they speed the fuck and then soon as it's back to notgonnahappensville it's back to a crawl that would make a baby ashamed.

So I had biology on Wednesday morning, and because a lot of stuff we'll be doing will involve microscopes, we had a brief (HAH!) rundown of microscopy. Okay, fair enough. What shat me off, though, is that at one point the teacher spent a full hour teaching us some equations... only to tell us afterwards that we'd never actually use said equations. WHAT? Why the fuck did you force us to sit through an hour of quite complicated mathematics if we're never going to USE the fuckers? ARGH!

*pantpant* Oh, I feel soooooooooooooooo much better.

2. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

People who vent on forums. Who gives a shit?

3. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Venting is for the benefit of the venter, not anyone else.

Three things that figure large right now for me;

1. Abstract art - look, you threw paint at a canvas! Aren't you talented!

2. Being steamrolled and then corpse-camped by level 80s at level 25 - really? Have you nothing better to do?

3. Having to sleep periodically. The things I could do with that time...

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Number 1 on your little list is EXACTLY RIGHT. WTF? Yes, you threw some paint at some canvas. Whoopee. (Having said which, the people who do things like claim that piles of trash or unmade beds covered in 100 pairs of panties are art are fucking INSANE, and the people who give them AWARDS for this dickery need to be put away before their insanity develops into an airborne virus.)

5. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Some people are suckers for the concept of "It's very expensive so it must be good."

So here we go:

1. Having multiple bosses who have nothing better to do than hassle me.

2. People who can neither use or understand proper grammar.

3. Girls who get by on looks alone.

6. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

In the vein of #3 above:
    Hot-ass girls who know they are hot and just try to glide through life on that hotness. Nothing is a bigger turn-off, or annoyance.

How is learning about the industrialization of post-civil war America going to make me a better Biologist (from back in college)?

Every single McDonald's commercial. C'mon. Nobody actually acts that fucking retarded IRL over fast food.

7. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Amen, brother.

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

1) Incomprehensible instruction manuals.

2) Instructions that read: "Can be assembled with common household tools by a child of 12..."
    I'd love to meet the engineering whiz-kid they test stuff on!

3) People that move into low-rent, government-subsidized housing, then complain endlessly because it lacks things like on-site vending machines, a swimming pool AND a jacuzzi.

9. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Needy organisms (people, canines, what-have-you) that follow you around and just get in the way.

Concerning the dog in particular, all it does is get underfoot and whine. I'm about to cut it open and let it bleed out in the bath.

10. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

People who play WoW. Come on, you're just feeding Blizzard's bloated bank account and leaching them of all the awesome stuff they used to have.

11. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*twitchity twitch twitch* Why the hell can't you buy soft toys in a fucking TOY STORE anymore? *growl* I went to a toy store today to buy a cuddly dog to take to my rooms with me so I won't be completely fuzzy-deprived, and in a building six times the size of my fucking house, there was not a single soft toy! WTF?

(I eventually found some in the supermarket, but the point remains. Are we just not giving soft cuddly things to babies and toddlers anymore?)

12. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Agree, Xiao, all the good toys have died off. I was in Toys 'R' Us before Christmas looking for plastic swords, and there was nothing to be found except for these true hero space sword lightsaber things (which were actually quite durable, and thusly would have translated into what I was doing with them if they weren't lightsabers). Though, there was a ninja sword that shot ninja stars. Hardly any lego, either.

I picked up Risk for 30% off the Wal-Mart price, though!

13. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Here are some things, that makes me mad:

1. Those old people, who thinks that they can go first in the shop, because of their old age.

2. Why should there be, so much commercials in a movie.

3. People, who are using the excuse: Hey, I am British', when they are writing horrible.

14. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The death of pretty much all gentlemanly behaviour and rituals.

Adam Sandler movies

My neighbours noisy kids and their favoured method of yelling even louder than their kids when talking to them (way to set an example).

15. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I suppose if you had a lawn you'd be chasing them off of it, as well.

16. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Adam Sandler movies are proof that Satan exists and he's pissed.

17. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Actually, anything that bad must be Gods work, my understanding is Satan makes deals with people to help them.

18. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Nicely worded, Xz. Though this assumes that Adam Sandler isn't partaking in such a deal.

Many of the things listed here, including but not limited to: WoW, Old people, McD's, Walmart.

People with positively no technological background, and who couldn't set up an outlook inbox, trying to tell me how to do my job, when I'm there to fix what they broke.

The fact that, with the exception of two very old friends, everyone I hang out with is extraordinarily unreliable.

The realization that I'm too young* to buy a new car, and so I'm stuck dumping thousands into the one I currently've just to keep it on the road.

*Fuck you, insurance industry.

19. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

More things, that makes me mad:

1. Anyone who are gravedigging.

2. Time, that goes too fast, when you are doing cool stuff.

3. Those fuckers, who have(has) started the forest fires in Australia.

4. The creation of Dungeon and Dragons 4.0.

20. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

My circle of players have refused to accept the new system as cannon. We call it "Fantasy Four-point-oh" and while we tried it out it just didn't feel like D&D. I don't even care about the "gnome/teifling" fiasco, the core gameplay just sucks now. It feels likle pen and paper WoW. So we went back to playing with our own (heavily-modified) ver 3.5, which we have all the books for, and if WoC thinks we're shelling out hundreds more for an inferior gaming system, they are SADLY-FUCKING-MISTAKEN!

A related gripe; The same thing happened with Spycraft, to a lesser extent - the developers messed with a lot of solid mechanics and ended up screwing the playability.

Our Host!