Minor Exp. trick

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by PeeCee, Jun 23, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hey all.

after reading the journals and the thing about the followers "stealing" the XP from the character I have made a discovery. Notising that you gain exp. every time you hit a creature rather then killing it, I just tell my followers to back off and let me do the fighting. That way I get all the xp, but they still level up when you do. Atleast I think they do.

Also i would like to know what is needed to get Sogg to join? I have 9 in WP, but 8 in INT. In another game I hade 9 in INT. and 8 in WP. Must you have 9 in both or is there another factor that controls if he joins or not?

2. Azira

Azira New Member

You need 9 in Charisma for Sogg to join you. That's all.
    Intelligence or Willpower doesn't affect it.
    By the way, I have a question of my own. Are familiars supposed to level up along with your main character? Because it seems to me that they don't.

3. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Thanks. I have been working to raise my INT and WP.

As for familiars I think that they are suppose to gain levels as you do, but I have not tried it my self. I prefer to play as an Tech.

4. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Familiars do lvl up with you, but for some reason the dont distribute their cp's.

5. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

I have found that they use chematics. Try to traverse the land with Virgil and Sogg. And just before you level up, check their skills and magics. They distribute their points according to their chematics. I have notice some difference in Virgil, but I didn't get a good look on Sogg before he left me.

Ah well. I could always kill Sogg for the XP, but that would make me evil. Sogg have a better alignment then I do.

6. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Bah, if your going to party with Sogg make sure you have an entire mini-bar in your inv. It seems to be the only way to keep him in your party.

I think hes a waste of time. I mean hes not that good of a fighter and he is a high mantence party member. Now Virgil, I've killed the entire town, and he just when from courtious(61)to neutal(58) on his reaction rating.

7. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi.

I know whý Sogg left me. I saved just before, so it is not a big problem. Also Equipping Sogg, Virgil and yourself with a homemade sword with a speed rating of 25 wreaks havok around Shrouded Hills. On the other side of Tarant to the East, I encounter some dreaded poison rats or something. They killed me and my buddies flat out. Strange really. The wyverns isn't that hard. Or the bears or the poison wolfs.

To bad that not all the art work is in the demo. It's a drag to fight monsters that doesn't have a pixelmixture. (I.E. Image)

/PeeCee

8. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

The poison rats are to the south of Shrouded Hills. I havn't seen them to the east of Tarrant. East of Tarrant is the most dangerous place to be. Getting attacked by +3 Were rats is instant death for most unprepared char groups. The best way to fight them is to either get the summon orge spell, have atleast 60% damage resistance, High dodge, or be able to dish out alot of damage(+20 - +50).

9. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

When I said poison rats I meant Ware rats. I didn't remeber the name at that time. I also found that they travel with rock rats (Small buggers, not to hard, and Granite rats. (Same size as ware rats, but still easier.)

10. Jo

Jo New Member

Stun works on were-rats quite well also (entangle and other immobilising spells might woprk too).

Our Host!