Making good followers evil

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by chuft, Nov 1, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chuft

chuft New Member

I am running into annoying problems trying to get followers because I am not evil enough for them. I want to be more evil, but doing so will lose me Magnus I think. I tried putting a Dark Helm on him to lower his alignment, but it didn't work, probably because he is too techie already for it to work.

I am curious - if you do use a Dark Helm or some other item to lower an NPC's alignment into the negatives, will that NPC (who was good before) then become willing to follow an evil character, attack good characters etc.? Or does his script still make him object if you attack someone "good" ?

2. Womble

Womble New Member

The Dark Helm bonuses and penalties are permanent, and they can accumulate. To turn a character evil, you often have to Dark Helm them repeatedly, and each time you do that they will become more magic and more evil.

Tech characters are immune to the Dark Helm as far as I know.

3. chuft

chuft New Member

Yes, I know how it works in terms of stat changes, or at least alignment changes. But does it change the character's script in terms of how they react when you attack a good character?

Virgil and Magnus for example can both have the same positive alignment, but they do not react the same way when you attack a good character. Magnus has a different script.

4. toller

toller New Member

If you get lots of money and don't use Strigy Petes quests to get to Thantos then go to the Bangellian Deeps and get the Sword of Bangellian Scourge. It has a -750 in alignment but its only effective while using the sword.

5. Womble

Womble New Member

Seems so. When I turn Sogg and CHukka evil, they stop complaining about killing "wrong" people.

Virgil is sort of an exception to the rule. He is supposed to be a blindly loyal follower, and his alignment is flexible.

6. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Does the shadow shield help?

Our Host!