Make Fights Easier

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Glim, Aug 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Glim

Glim New Member

Here you go... 1 if you pick the fight, hit space, change to turnbased.. take your attacks.. then hit space and open it up to full melee with your enemy down the HP from your initial attack :wink: or you can run far enough away from your enemy, hit space (back to turnbased) and then they have to waste their turn to get close to you, you attack with your turn, then repeat the whole thing again! It works really good... better if your main char is alone...

Trick 2.. Have Virgil stay out of the battle (f5) and he will stand back an heal you.. keep virgil out of trouble and keeps you healthy :wink:

2. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Fight Strategies

I've found it too difficult to play the game in real time. I always play my games on the normal, or moderate settings, and don't play on easy. Trying to control 3 or 4 characters at the same time in real time is just too much. I use fast turn based, and only change to real time, when the game gets stuck at the end of combat, which seems to happen a lot in the demo, especially when you summon a monster to help you, like a fire elemental, for instance. Of course, it didn't happen much until I had played the game long enough to get the summon spells. :smile: Can anyone play these kinds of games in real time? Maybe I just suck, but that seems unrealistic.

3. edta

edta New Member

real time with pause where u can change commands, etc would be good

4. Glim

Glim New Member

Real time

Real time is only good if the enemies are A less numerous then you or B weaker then you by 3 or more levels... like rats and zombies.. I can harm to death 10 zombies before they get into trouble aka melee range

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

while fighting enemies in realtime it is very easy to escape the bigger ones witch are slow, you can run a bit then stop and fire your gun and run some more only works for ranged weapons. and the enemies have to be slow, you can also run around while your friends hack at them. should work just fine with real bad guys.I think it's what the ranged weapons are for

6. Diemon

Diemon New Member

I like realtime. My ogre killed one of the bridge Ogres with a Fine Steel Dagger in NO time. The ogre got like one hit on my ogre.

7. Sespol216

Sespol216 New Member

8. Diemon

Diemon New Member

Our Host!