Magnus's leveling..

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by wastelandhero, Jun 10, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Does anyone know where to find info on follower's leveling schemes? I wish to know at what level Magnus will be able to make the feather weight chainmail and elite plate.

2. Darkform

Darkform New Member

gamelevel.mes and he never learns Elite Plate or Mechanical Arachnid.

3. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Thank's for the responce. I have no idea where gamelevel.mes is let alone how I would read it, but after viewing other topics I found out something interesting and need to clerify something.

Increasing tech skills requires INT points to go up. So if I were to give Magnus something to boost inteligence would he put points into his tech skills instead of INT? Kind of like useing Agility of Fire on myself at leveling to get the DEX up to increase meele or dodge.

I always assumed followers had a set leveling scheme where they put points into a set area regardless of bonus' .

Edit: Also when do followers spend there points? Do they automatically do it when they reach the next level or when the PC spends points? Do followers level at the same time as the PC also, or do they use their own XP gains to determine when they level?

I ask this so I know how closely to monitor my follower leveling to most effectively use the tech disciplines and stat boosters.

4. Darkform

Darkform New Member

the scheme is set to raise what the scheme says raise first if it says raise int and his int was = to or greater than what it said when he lvled (because something else raised it) the next thing on list will get the points to it. you have to give him whatever it is just before you lvl every time you lvl because if it skipped raise int to 10 one lvl next lvl it will check int lvl again if not 10 it will raise int to 10 then goto next thing on list it didn't do.

Magnus is:

{93}Magnus {Melee 4, Smithy 1, ST 9, Mechanical 1, CN 9, Dodge 4, MaxHPS 50, Melee 8, Smithy 2, ST 10, Mechanical 2, CN 10, Dodge 8, MaxHPS 60, Melee 12, Smithy 3, ST 11, Mechanical 3, CN 11, Dodge 12, MaxHPS 82, Smithy 4, ST 12, Mechanical 4, CN 12, MaxHPS 100, Melee 16, ST 13, CN 13, Dodge 16, MaxHPS 120, Melee 20, ST 14, CN 14, Dodge 20, MaxHPS 130, ST 15, CN 15, MaxHPS 145, ST 16, CN 16, MaxHPS 160, ST 17, CN 17, MaxHPS 175, ST 18, CN 18, MaxHPS 190, ST 19, CN 19, MaxHPS 210, ST 20, CN 20, MaxHPS 400}

I normaly give him a Machined Plate before 17 Str and sometimes take it away before 20 Con to give him Iron Clan armor, but also the guantlets he comes with give + Str and Con. you may say hmmm Darkform I don't see where he raises Int but he auto raises a stat when a skill needs that stat to go up it's lvl. so right before Smithy 3 he will raise Int to 9, 4 11.

looking at this his max Smithy is Drarven Gauntlets and max Mechanical is Eye Gear. sorry no Fether-Weight Chainmail or Elite Plate.

5. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Thank-you again, this clears up alot. So the only real advantage would be giving him a couple of charged rings to get an early boost in melee and dodge.

6. team a

team a New Member

You probably don't want to use a temporary effect to allow a follower to put points in a spell, schematic or skill they couldn't normally afford, because when the prerequisite stat goes down again, the benefit of the extra spell/skill/schematic will be nullified. Of course, if it's an item, then it does indeed make sense, as long the item is kept for as long as its stat bonus is needed as a prerequisite.

As far as I know, no follower except Sebastian puts more than 4 points in a technological discipline, and the one discipline Sebastian does put the points in - gunsmithy - he doesn't fully develop until quite late in his leveling scheme.

Our Host!