Mage build needed

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by King_Natstar, Jun 3, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

Hello i have just made a new character which is an Elf and am going to make him a mage i have never used a mage before i always used Technology based characters.

Here's what i need to know. :-?

1.what magic classes should i get???
    2.I am using a Bow as a weapon which bow is the best?
    3.What Skills should i get.
    4.What followers should i get?
    5.Should i get Dodge?

thankyou for your time.
    :x

2. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

I have Virgil and Sogg Mead Mug as followers at the moment. :x

3. DominiX

DominiX New Member

I once finished the game, the second time (I;ve only finished it 3 times) with a mage. I;ve used invisibility and teleportation and I've made level 50 from quests, so I did'nt studied any weapon, except throwing. I much more fun this way...

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

1, For an archer, first the basics that any magic user needs. Agility of Fire, Shield of Protection, Disarm, Purity of Water. An archer mage needs either Entangle of Stun. Unless you are already going for nature, go for Stun. Illuminate helps in dark places. Then its what do you want? Archers are overpowered in this game, so you don't need a lot. Temporial makes combat a snap, Conveyance makes life easier, Phantasim + prowl = invincible bow sniper. Fireflash is a good backup weapon at higher MA.

2, Look here: http://community.vugames.com/WebX?14@96 ... 1@.efb251d

3, I can't seem to run without Expert in persuasion & pickpocket. I recomend both. Try mele as a back up kill skil, to Expert is enough for most of the game.

4, Mater of alignment & taste. Get Dog. Get mage healers, easy if you are good. You have a tank, & Thorvald, on the Isle of Dispair, is another & free to boot. (Persuasion 3 needed.) I like the voiced NPCs.

5, Not necessary. With conveyance, not at all needed, just Spatial Distoriton yourself out of harm's way & into a good spot to shoot from.

5. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

Thanks Shadygrove
    :thumbup:
    does anyone else have any more suggestions??

6. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

Conveyance, temporal, divination, phantasm/fire/water/air, and necro black/elctric(for your deathspell).Buy a scroll of summon familiar.

Whatever you can find.Doesn't matter much because of followers and spells.If you throw,... use Azrams Star or Aerial Decapitator.

Persuasion, gambling, haggling, prowling.

Mr Smythe, Raven, Allurin, Chukka, Sogg, Virgil, maybe Mr Ashe.

Only if you don't use conveyance.

Good luck and watch your fatigue! :)

Our Host!