Machined Platemail in Anime (Steamboy 2004)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by symban, Mar 13, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. symban

symban New Member

Just watched it again, if there is any one soul here who loves the lore and the world of steampunk Arcanum that has yet to watch Steamboy 2004 (anime movie) I find it my obligation to point you to the enlightenment.

In the movie when I first saw machined platemail wearing troops I was awed, then there came flying steam suit troops and submarine troops in trash cans (no better way of describing them) and it follows up with magnificent steampunk wonders.

I find it sad that movie was not much popular, apparently those with same taste of ours are few in numbers; yet it is a relief that such fantastic works are published nonetheless.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

On the topic of things in anime that remind us of Arcanum, the robot soldiers from Miyazaki's "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" reminded me of automatons.

3. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Ghibli movies are often very steampunky in general. He always had a knack for flying machines, and those tanks in NausicaƤ were just great.

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Take a look at the anime "last exile". They have classical warship battles with steam powered airships. It's absolutely beautiful.

Our Host!