lukan

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Luinil, Jul 1, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Luinil

Luinil New Member

when you try to persuade lukan you are from the thieves underground, how much persuasion do you need?

2. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

Err...I think it's 2...but it could be one.

3. Luinil

Luinil New Member

damn, i have 2 and i cant get the dialoge option up, can anyone help me?, im perfectly capable of destroying the bridge materials, but id prefer not to get the evil alignement

4. Nakar

Nakar New Member

I did just fine with 1. Make sure to have Jongle apprentice you though.

For extra fun and games, convince Lukan to leave, then jump into combat mode and kill him. You get two FPs that way.

5. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I think it's 1 with apprentice or 2 or 3 without.

6. Luinil

Luinil New Member

ooo, i forgot about jongle, btw, what are FPs, that may be really obvious thing that i just dont understand right now....

7. Milo

Milo New Member

FP = Fate Point. They're neat to have, but in the end, I had more than I ever used.

I think to convince Lukan you need a certain level of Charisma and maybe Intelligence, not necessarily a certain level of Persuasion. I don't remember what it is, though. Check the quest guide on the main site.

8. Luinil

Luinil New Member

god im dumb for not getting that, theyre sometimes useful to have for combat or healing

its persuasion in the quest guide, but i dont get the option even tho i have lv 2 persuasion......

9. Luinil

Luinil New Member

btw, is there an apprentice trainer for persuasion aside from jongle because i accidentally return the sprocket constable owens so he wont talk to me. if i destroy the steam engine again, will it fix it? what about delivering his package? any ideas would be good cuz im gonna be really annoyed if i destroyed my ability to get apprentice persuasion.....

10. Milo

Milo New Member

Hmm... well. The guide is probably correct. I swear I remember something about an Intelligence check to get that option also. I could be thinking of something else, though.

Try grabbing an intelligence potion from the wise lady. Use that right before you talk to Lukan and see if the option comes up. You gotta be quick, though, because the potion wears off fast.

My reasoning goes like this. You need to be persuasive to convince him that you're not lying to him. You need to be intelligent to even think of deceiving him in the first place.

11. Luinil

Luinil New Member

thanks milo, ill try that, sadly it will have to wait 19 days, *gasp* 19 days without arcanum, *faints*

12. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Any of Madam Lil's girls can train you for apprentice in persuasion. And Madam Lil will train you for expert. So it's your one-stop persuasion training center. :razz:

13. Nakar

Nakar New Member

In Fallout, your speech skill was the primary determinant in whether various dialogue options were both available AND useful. However, your INTELLIGENCE determined whether you'd ever get the option in the first place. I'm fairly sure it works similarly in Arcanum, albeit it does appear that there is less emphasis on persuasion and more on charisma. Try talking down the big guy at the end with 18 charisma - won't work (at least it didn't for me). Gotta have more. If you want to be a real talkative sort, you'll need max persuasion, max intelligence, and max charisma. Probably don't need more than 14-16 int though, I'd guess.

14. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

Uuuuuuffff!!!!!!!!....So many points thrown in social skills. I rather use raw-muscle-force.

:minigun:

15. Luinil

Luinil New Member

thx, madam lil's is also a one-stop center for prostitution

16. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

I kinda figured that went without saying.

But thanks for saying it.... I guess.

:razz:

17. Luinil

Luinil New Member

does that mean that you would recomend a higher intelligence than 5 for a thief who wants to be persuasive, ive been thinking about it anyways cuz i may want to do a little technology along the way and it would be nice to be able to get past the first level in them without intel potions.....i was thinking more like 10

18. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

You normally need just to spend 1 cp in persuasion.

But if you are a race or a background that lowers your persuasion you need to spend 2 cp.

You need a intelligence of just 5

Our Host!