Lost highway

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qilikatal, Nov 8, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Yes i have been watching lost highway just right now so i want to ask people what the fuck? The lynch films.
    Milo i remember you talking about one of them long ago what was happening in that movie?

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Lynch is one of those directors who thinks that the audience isn't supposed to understand anything. The less comprehencible, the better.

3. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I saw Lost Highway and I had much the same impression as the end credits started rolling. Then I did an Internet search and found some discussion groups which were trying to puzzle it out. It seemed that having an extensive knowledge of psychology is an advantage when it comes to unraveling Lynch's films. By one account, that weird demonic dude was a fragment of the protagonist's personality -- or perhaps the human psyche in general -- and the story of the film is like a Moebius strip that contains an impossibility or two. Lynch himself purportedly doesn't understand more than half the work he does. I think the guy is a genius and I really like his films but I don't think I'll ever fully understand any of them until many years hence -- or perhaps never at all. If you want to broaden your perceptions on this movie then I propose that you do a search for a discussion group and read up on it there as the comments will probably be more focused than anything you'll turn up here.

Our Host!