Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by friend_al_23, Dec 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Settler

Settler Member

Ummm, nbrosz? Why are you being such a dickhead lately?

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I've got the Extended DVD, but I don't remember seeing aragorn pick up a cool dagger anywhere! I thought he had a sword!?! :-?

3. xento

xento New Member

She said she didn't think she could film half as good as Peter Jackson, and I said it is probably because she isn't a film director.

4. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

If that is one of your atempts to be funny then i suggest that you stop with the humor Nbrosz.
    If you wanna go around and being such a dick then go to
    www.NMA-fallout.com Try to survive for some time without getting banned there and then return cause then you will know how to behave. And of you are going to stay, try to THINK before you write.

5. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

The movie looks pretty sweet. :razz: (except for the Ents who look like crap from what frames I've seen.) :dead:

6. xento

xento New Member

No, I wasn't trying to be funny, but I am sorry about bothering you... :(

7. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Celeborn gave it to him. It's in the scene when they all get presents, or right around there. It's the one that he uses to stab Lurtz with. The curved elven one.

PQ, do they really look bad? I'm looking forward to them so much! :)

8. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

It already premiered here 7:30 PM but it was an invitation only movie. :( The it will be shown on the 20th again for the real paid premiere. And will be shown on public this January pa! :x

10. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Just saw mine when the day began :razz: good luck on your ventures to see it, by the way, it wasn't half bad.

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Me too i thought it was pretty good, and way better than the first part, i liked they way they made the ents, they were nearly perfeckt.

12. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Other than the wars, the Ents were probably the toughest to create, I think they also did golem pretty well.

13. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I SAW IT!!!! HURRAH!

Sorry. :) I was just very excited. I loved it, except for one thing. I didn't like how they changed Faramir's character. I'm fine with them changing the story, but that's one change I really didn't like. I thought that the Gollum talking to himself stuff was really funny. ZzZzzZzzzZZZzzZ.... I'm tired... I saw it at 12:01 in the Senator.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Doesn't come out here till Boxing Day, so I'll be doing my best to see it as soon as possible.

15. Reg Pither

Reg Pither New Member

Faramir was ruined. :sad:

Gollum was the best thing I've ever seen at the cinema. :grin:

Not as good as FotR. :sad:

About Sam's box and the Scouring of the Shire. I'm sorry to say that the Scouring is not in the movie version of RotK. Completely left out. Not a sausage.

16. xento

xento New Member

I finally saw it!

It was okay, but Gollum isn't what I expected. I also think they should have given the Ents more screen time. It was awesome when they got worked up and started storming Isenguard's gates, though! :D

I would give it 5 out of 5 stars!

17. Clothos_Vermillion

Clothos_Vermillion New Member

SPOILERS!!!!!!

What was the deal with the elves showing up at Helm's deep? I thought that kinda unlikely, and it really didn't jive with the whole Tolkien universe. First the age of elves, then a union of elves and humans to defeat Sauron, then the elves fade and humans defeat Sauron, with the help of some hobbits. Why the elves? What was the deal??? That pissed me off the most, and the ents should have gotten more screen time. But at least Gimli saved everybody by knocking orcs off the bridge!

18. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I have to agree with nbrosz. We needed more ents, and less Gollum.

I saw it twice, and I have to say - the second time around, the first hour is intensely tedious. Things get better immediatly once the bigass elephant things appear on screen.

The Battle of Helm's Deep is excellent, but they cut out swaths of the ents to make it nice and long. On the one hand, it's worth the amount of time they spend on it; on the other hand, it's not worth cutting out the ents for.

My favorite parts were the cavalry charge at Helm's Deep, down that cliff, and Elrond's speech to Arwen.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

They were sent by Elrond. Even though I saw the movie a couple of days ago, and I forget exactly why, but I believe it had something to do with not leaving all the humans alone to fight Sauron.

My major gripe with the movie - Gimli being used as comic relief in ever single fucking scene he's in! That just pissed me off incredibly. I thought Gollum was done really well, Jackson brough out his schizophrenic personality brilliantly.

Overall, great movie.

20. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I had only one problem with the movie. The camera switching, that was getting annoying. During the battles, they decided to switch place every single second, I could not tell what was going on and who was who! It was still a great movie, one of the best I've ever seen. I liked it better then the first one, but I'm not quite sure if it is accurate from the book, for it's been a while since I've read the books....

One last thing, I can't wait till next year. =)

Our Host!