Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by friend_al_23, Dec 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Only a few days to go and I will have the chance to watch it. :)

2. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I'm going to go see it! I'm very excited. My friend got to go the press release, she said it was awesome. Yippie! Sorry DU, but I'll be leaving my room for awhile. I'm sure you'll find some one else to spy on while I'm gone... of course they won't be a gorgeous as I am. :wink:

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I heard that for the last 45 minutes of the film, the bad guys thump their swords against their shields outside the good guys castle and don't do much more. Of course, that was from a piss-take review...

That never stopped me before. I've got some lovely shots from you, that time you went to the beach quite a while back. I've been meaning to upload them to my site for the past few weeks now. Give it a bit of an update.

4. xento

xento New Member

I'm surely going to see it! It sounds awesome! The only problem is that Gandalf doesn't look as good with his hair all combed being Gandalf the White.

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

The guy who plays Gandalf in "The Lord of the Rings" might be playing the role of Professor Dumbledorfe (hope I spelt it right) in "Harry Patter and the Prisoner of Ar..something (forgot the place)." Either him or the guy who plays Saruman.

6. xento

xento New Member

No. It's the same guy. They just had his re-do his hair so it looks like Sauraman's hair from LotR FotR

7. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I'm not sure if you're saying that Ian Mckellen (McKellen?) played Saruman and Gandalf, or that Ian McKellen played Gandalf and Dumbledore or something to that effect, but that is incorrect. Saruman is played by Christopher Lee, and Gandalf is played by Ian Mckellen. Dumbledore was played by the late Richard Harris.

8. xento

xento New Member

What I'm saying is that Sauroman and Gandalf both have the same characters in LotR II, but Gandalf has the same hair style that Sauroman had in LotR I. Nothing more.

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

The one who plays Gandalf is Ian McKellan.
    The one who plays Saruman is Christopher Lee.
    The one who plays Professor Albus Dumbledore is Richard Harris.

Sir Richard Harris died last October 25 that is why rumor has it that either Ian or Christopher will replace him as Prof. Dumbledore. Speaking of Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliffe won't be playing the role of Harry I think after the next sequel. The boy is growing too fast.

10. Menion Ravenlock

Menion Ravenlock New Member

Yeah this movie better be good! I am in the mood to watch some old ass whoopen show.

PS. I REACHED 200 POSTS YEAH! Even though it's not even close to DU or you guys.

11. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Oh, yeah. LoTR part 2. Going to see it opening night, even if I have to rob a bank to do it. Funny thing is, the wife is kinda excited about it too. She really liked the first one and is looking forward to the 18th. Hmmm.. Maybe she has a thing for Legolas. Or Gollum, maybe.

12. Milo

Milo New Member

I'm already seeing reviews and shit for this movie. It's been done for how many weeks now. What I want to know is: How the hell has a DVD Screener or something not been leaked yet?

13. xento

xento New Member

Retard: Just to let you know, sorry that your sig is down. I will get it up when I can find a new remote linking host. Right now, tripod.ca doesn't allow remote linking anymore, so all my pics are down.

14. Milo

Milo New Member

Try renaming the sigs as .txt files and then put the new file name between the IMG tags as usual. For example "nbrosz_sig.jpg" should be renamed to "nbrosz_sig.txt" and put betweent the IMG tags as usual. I'm not sure if it works on Tripod.ca, but it work(ed) on Geoshitties.

Also, the international Tripods used to allow hotlinking. I'm pretty sure they still do. There are a few foreign ones who's primary language is english, so it's an easy sign up. Off the top of my head, the Philippines and Singapore (?), had english sign-ups. There are more than that, but I don't remember them all.

15. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Yes nbrosz the clueless, and what friend_al_23 is saying is that the guy who plays Gandalf in "The Lord of the Rings" might be playing the role of Professor Dumbledorfe (hope I spelt it right) in "Harry Patter and the Prisoner of Ar..something (forgot the place)." Either him or the guy who plays Saruman.

Which, as you'll notice, has nothing to do with Gandalf's hairstyle.

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

It's just Dumbledore. No added 'f'.

And it's the Prisoner of Azkaban. That's easy enough to remember too.

17. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

YESSSSS i got the tickets for the premiere. hæhæhæ
    I heard it was Atenobrough (guy who acted in jurasic park) who was going to play dumbledore.

PS: NO DU you do not need to make a mile wide YESS when you have gotten the tickets.;)

18. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Just FYI, they made all three movies already. They were finished filming before the first movie was released.

19. Milo

Milo New Member

Oh, I knew about that. I just assumed that they completed the filming of all three movies at the same time, but they took their time with post-production stuff like editing and all that other shit.

20. xento

xento New Member

It IS too bad that they are changing the character cast on HP. However, I have seen commertials for it, and Harry Potter/Dumbledor seem the same. Did they just recently change it? Is half the movie going to be the old Dumbledor/HP, and the other half the new ones? :-?

Our Host!