Looking Glass Rifle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tripperm, Oct 7, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. tripperm

tripperm New Member

I've been playing Arcanum for a couple of weeks now and having a good go of it. My character is a gun fighter and is totally in love with his looking glass rifle. With 40 hit point damage per shot it is the ultimate. But loh and behold I go to download the latest patch to fix some very annoying bugs, and guess what? My ultimate killing weapon has been turned into a real piece of crap. Now it only does 10-20 points of damage. What has me so upset is that I feel the rules have been changed on me half-way through the game.

Patches should fix bugs. Beat tests should balance the game. Changing the balance on a single-player game after release is totally unacceptbale.

2. Quethim

Quethim New Member

that is because they dont want weapons to be real strong at the very beggining it makes the game have no chalange and everyone like chalange(exept Ioo)

3. tripperm

tripperm New Member

Yeah, I love playing a game for a couple of weeks, installing a patch, and then find that the game is harder. Oh boy, what fun!!!

4. Quethim

Quethim New Member

yeah i do too but games keep getting easier and easier each time i play(they really need to make something really hard)

5. dine

dine New Member

I'm sorry, but the looking glass rifle WAS a bug, they would not have put that with those stats were it not. if you pay attention you note that the Elepahant rifle and it had their damage switched, I am guessing that this was because they had been switched int he release and needed to be fixed,and if it's SUCH a HUGE problem, learn how to fix it, YOU CAN.

It may not be fun to 'have the rules changed halfway through the game' but it's even less fun to play a game that is unbalanced majorly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dine on 2001-10-07 06:20 ]</font>

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

How?

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

LGR was unbalanced but it was also the only thing that allowed my char to survive BMC mines and furhter. Techies have too weak weapons in this game, it was written in many topic already.

8. Tidus

Tidus New Member

i just wanted to say that u can get the looking glass rifle realy early on if u got to ashbury there is a guy neer the south hwo has one just need to kill him to get it and he dosent attak you with it eather!!

9. Soren The Wild

Soren The Wild New Member

That would be a real stupid thing to do.(No offense intended.) :smile:
    Since that guy(can´t remember his name) is the firearms master, so in killing him you can NEVER become a firearms master! If you want his rifle, just use a fatepoint to pick pocket it from him.

10. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Yeah, that wasn't too bright there. :smile:

You also missed out on a quest. If you really, really wanted that rifle, just do his quest. He'll either give you the gun or train you.

11. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Wouldn't it be a waste to choose a rifle over one and only firearms master training opportunity?

And I think one might try to kill him after training though I didn't try it personally as it would be against my nature. And I knew how to assemble LGR :smile:

12. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Hmm wonder what makes you think that, or you couldn't come up with a good come back?

13. Shadowman

Shadowman New Member

You can offcourse also pickpocket him. If you're pickpocketing skill isn't up to it you can use a fate point to get it.

14. Soren The Wild

Soren The Wild New Member

Shadowman, I already wrote that.
    Don´t you read the threads before answering? :smile:

Our Host!