Looking for a new game

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Spiffy, Sep 6, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

2. GuyeNoir

GuyeNoir New Member

The only games I've ever played with the same level of freedom and non-linearity as Arcanum are Fallout 1 & 2 (Fallout was the first RPG I ever played and the standard by which all others are compared), The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, and The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (when I first got the game, I ignored the main plot and did all the Thieves' Guild and Assasins' Guild quests. That was about 2 weeks worth of playtime).

Mass Effect looks interesting, if you prefer futuristic sci-fi over traditional fantasy, though it's an Xbox 360 exclusive.

I'm especially looking forward to Fallout 3. I may build a new gaming computer just for it when it comes out.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Go to http://www.gspsoftware.co.uk.

They sell Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics in a bundle on a single DVD, and I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than on eBay. Only thing is, you need a credit card/debit card.

4. UberLord

UberLord New Member

Pretty bitchy, if you ask me, but ultra sweet overall.

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I've tried it, but it froze in a mere 10 minutes of gameplay. And I didn't like either that the screen is always centered around the hero.

6. UberLord

UberLord New Member

That option is great, for it has caused me much discomfort to move the screen manually in Arcanum. It only needs to be moved when aiming with a ranged weapon.

Our Host!