Longest Journey II (I like II better than 2)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chalcedony, Jun 14, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

Hi everyone.

http://www.justadventure.com/Interviews/TLJ2/TLJ2.shtm
    This isn't exactly news, but what do you think? I was absolutely elated when I heard this. The Journey continues!

But some doubts though - Ragnar Tornquist isn't as involved in the project as before. And the biggest change of course is that it's no longer a point-and-click game, it's an action-adventure. Boy I hate multiclasses :wink:. I have serious, serious doubts that it'll look as good in 3D, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

P.S. Is Sheriff still around?

2. Skane

Skane New Member

TLJ2 as an Action-Adventure game? Well I hope they would explain April Ryan's true nature in the game.

3. Milo

Milo New Member

Hey, chalcedony, long time no see!

I'm excited about this announcement. I loved the first game, though for some reason, I don't think I finished it. I think I got midway through disc 3 when something happened and I stopped. Still it's one of my favorite adventure games in a long time.

PS - I don't think Sheriff is around anymore. He had some trouble with TA's sister board and got banned or something. The whole thing soured him, I think. Too bad; I'll miss having him around.

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Hi Chalcedony (and you Milo). This is my first visit for some time. I have been busy and RPGCodex certainly put me off the RPG community, but I stopped by to let you all know about Gothic II in case you hadn't heard about it.

I hope you're all doing okay. I'll stop by every now and then but don't have the time for much else. I have a new job and it actually involves me doing some work. Blooming cheek!

5. Milo

Milo New Member

What a coincidence! I got a new job that requires me to actually do shit for money, too! I don't have as much time here as I used to, either, but I do get on IRC and check back the boards every weekend.

Good to see, Sheriff!

6. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

Good to see you both! I hardly recognized any of the nicks here; even the mods have changed.

Milo, what happened to your TLJ game? You really should finish it! Borrow it off someone, doesn't it disturb you not to see the ending?

I hadn't heard about Gothic II before. The screenshots[/i] don't look half bad though. Looks like a bit of Morrowind, which is good news. Though the style seems to be similar with Europa 1400...

Isn't anyone here going to discuss the deep implications of moving TLJ into 3D, how Tornquist said that the age of point-and-click games are over, and all that sort of thing?

Our Host!