Local Gas Prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xento, Apr 28, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. xento

xento New Member

What are the local gas prices where you live? Around here, it's about a 1.84 USD, which is about 2.54 AUD, 1.04 GBP, or 12.73 NOK, depending on where you live. If you want to convert your local price to another currency, try using the Currency Calculator.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Local gas prices are currently somewhere around 1.2 USD. Per litre, that is.

3. xento

xento New Member

4. Dark Elf

Media:
    Yeah, I guessed so. Gasoline prices are fairly steep around here. It's because it's got so many taxes laid upon it.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Our petrol is actually supposed to be subsidised by 8c per litre, but you wouldn't know it from comparing prices. The high price of petrol is regularly in the news here, because it fluctuates wildly - earlier in the year, it was not unknown for it to increase by up to 14c in one hour. But yeah, from week to week, it might go as low as 73c/litre, then up to 92, 93c a few days later. It's a fucking game - do you have enough petrol to last until the next random price drop?

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i live in Cali, home of America's highest gas prices... as of yesterday, it was $2.15 USD... was down to $1.99 last week, but apparantly that was too mundane...

8. xento

xento New Member

Holy shit, rosie! Well, I doubt there is too much joyriding around there, anyway.

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

are you kidding? this is Cali. everyone commutes. gas companies are making a killing out here...

10. xento

xento New Member

How can you stand that? Do you only drive once a week or something?

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i wish. i have too much crap to do. i just suck it up and try to find the cheapest gas station in town... about a month ago, one of the stations misposted their price in the computers controlling the pumps, and before they figured it out, there was a riot cuz word got out... instead of $1.99, the pumps were selling gas at $0.19 a gallon...

12. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Hereabouts in Upstate New York, regular is 1.80 a gallon. It sucks shit, but since I live on campus and drive about three minutes to work, I don't suffer that much. If they had been that high when I was commuting fifteen minutes from my house to Broome Community College every day, it'd be a different story. But, in the Home of my Heart, gas prices are the cheapest in the nation. There, regular is like 1.65 or so.

13. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

Apparently the gas refineries down here are buying our gas from oil-drilling dwarfs since the price is at $2.16 USD. Such fluctuating was supposed to be prevented by the CLICAC (consumer protection agency) but since the gas station owners are rich down here, they can just confabulate, rise the prises all over the country and bribe the bureaucreat that directs said agency.

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Where do you live in California again? Thats so friggin hilarious, seriously, I wish I could have been there.

15. Dark Elf

Media:
    That's one of those occasions when you just wished that you were passing through in an empty tank lorry. :)

16. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

lol, it's at about 2.02 in the middle of town, and 2.10 USD by the highway. That's why I'm getting myself a nice, large diesel truck, and dropping a big, pretty BioDiesel motor in it. :)

17. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

On a family road trip earlier in my life, we were going through northern california, on this highway where there is only about 1 gas station everyon 100 miles, and no towns, and no exits for the full 100 miles, and at the one gas station we stopped at it cost 4.00 a gallon.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Supply and demand is a beautiful thing. Now, if that station had been out of fuel, that would be have been even better.

19. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

"Lorry." Heh heh. *snort

20. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i'm in modesto. you know, laci peterson? if you live in the US, and you haven't been under a rock for the past year, you should have heard of it...

Our Host!