Loading Watch Bug

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Jojobobo, Jun 9, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

So I've got a bug where that little pocket watch that twirls its hands around when you load a game is flashing up incessantly. This bug only applies to my latest character and it doesn't impact on gameplay, I just find it really annoying. As far as I'm aware I'm not doing anything to warrant it popping up every few milliseconds, my characters is for all intents and purposes normal. Has anyone ever heard of this, does anyone know how to fix it? All I'm using is the latest version of the UAP.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I once had a similar situation. The bug seemed to be caused by using a ladder to go down the Forbidden Pit, taking the loot and teleporting out of the location while still being in the pit (instead of exiting it and then teleporting).

Not sure what the technical background of what I encountered. Did the game think I was still in the small location of the pit and therefore was not prepared for me travelling through the game world, and because of me doing so anyway suffered from slowdowns caused by the conflicting signals? I don't know.

All I know is that I tried to track down when did the slowdown and clock flashing start, eventually returned to the pit, entered it, exited it and the glitch was no more.

That being said, check if it happens in all of your saves or just in the current one(s). It was a long time ago, but if I recall correctly, observing that the glitch only happens in my latest save rather than in all of them told me that it was a problem within the save rather than the game.

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

You sir are a great man! The problem's been resolved, for whatever reason the game thought I was still in the Wolf Cave. Thankfully as I've only been to about 11 locations so far it wasn't too hard to find the one causing the issue; though I wish I'd had known that it was the Wolf Cave before I went all the way from Blackroot to the house of the Old Blind Master (who I've visited very early on) and then had to come all the way back again. Many many thanks, bugs like this drive me mad and if it hadn't had been resolved I'd have probably restarted the character due to how much it would annoy me.

Our Host!