Lionheart is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chalcedony, Jul 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

Ok maybe it's not here yet per se, I'm being a sensationalist. Lionheart went gold on the 16th. http://lionheart.blackisle.com/press.html

Someone buy it when it comes out! Post some screenies so we know how it looks like! (don't think the graphics can match ToEE though). Tell us if the SPECIAL system still works!

The spell system looks interesting - apparently you can put the points you get when you level up into any spell to make you better at it (putting gadzillions of points into a Heal spell makes you heal more, for example).

2. xento

xento New Member

Alright! I'll be awaiting it's arrival on the WalMart shelves. :D

That point thing sound a little like Arcanum, except the power is determined by your magical aptitude, which is automaticly set.

I like the idea of the SPECIAL rules system used again. I loved how it was used in Fallout!

It will be interesting on how different each character can be with that wide a variety of options! :D

3. AngrySyrian

AngrySyrian New Member

I'm going to level up as high as possible and kill almost every NPC unless they have the Bloody Mess trait :lol:

4. xento

xento New Member

Hopefully, it will have more of the Fallout-style difficulty, instead of the Arcanum-style.

In Arcanum, once you got about to level 40 or so, you were almost an unstoppable god, while in Fallout, you were never really safe.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

That is one thing I disliked about Arcanum. It was way too easy, way too soon.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i agree. i know nothing about this whole lionheart thing but i agree that arcanum was too easy in the begining...

also the combat system is kind of simple... may be thats because i'm a firearm / mechanical / electrical wielding type, but i think the best combat i've ever been treated to in a fantasy rpg has to be Baldur's Gate 2, just planning which spells to prepare etc. was fun. may be if they gave you more explicit control over your followers it would be better, but i think they should find a way to make it feel more challenging than it is. the whole thing i dislike is the feeling that whenever i go into battle it is always the same, i do the same thing for every opponent, i guess the whole problem stems from a lack of variety. its just a target range for me...

7. xento

xento New Member

I agree. In Arcanum, all spells and guns mostly have the same effectiveness on all enemies; causing a lack of variety in weapon wielding.

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

may be thats why it was so easy for them to make the game's character development so complex, because everything does the same thing!

Our Host!