"Like Futurama? Good, we're cancelling it." - FOX Networks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milo, Feb 13, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Milo

Milo New Member

Futurama gets cancelled.

So it looks like those geniuses at FOX have decided to not renew Futurama for a fifth season. Way to go, Fox!

We need to keep the shitty shows like Futurama either in (a)shitty, likely-to-be-preempted time slots, or (b)in the void. That way there's more room for the good programs like "That '80s Show" and "Boston Public".

Why don't they fucking cancel The Simpsons instead? Or move Futurama into a better time-slot? Why? The Simpsons hasn't been funny in years...

For whatever it's worth¹, you can sign the online petition. Much better and more effective, plan and execute a home invasion on your Nielsen-equipped neighbors. Stuff them in the closet and use their TVs to watch Futurama every Sunday night.

¹Probably not a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milo on 2002-02-13 09:47 ]</font>

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, Milo, I really like the Simpsons. It's great satire. Futurama hasn't been seen here for ages, because it was put in the same timeslot as Seventh Heaven (I HATE that show!!!), and hence lost out to it for some strange reason - who wants a modern version of the Brady Bunch? I sure don't. The only reason I can think of is that possibly people watched to get eyefuls of the two teenage daughters (one of whom posed in Playboy to get out of her contract).

3. Milo

Milo New Member

I actually agree with your first two sentences, Jar. With minor revisions.

I really liked the Simpsons. It was a great satire.

Futurama is fresher and funnier than the Simpsons. In every way. This is not my opinion. This is scientific fact, backed up by scientists on a credible scientifical web page.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I really liked Futurama when it was on. I never said it was bad. In fact, if it came back on here, I'd watch it again.

5. Milo

Milo New Member

Well, there's not much chance of that.

I wonder if Futurama made enough episodes for a run in syndication.

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I liked Futurama...... Down here in Oz (No, not THAT Oz... The OTHER one...), it was on every.. Um... Saturday night? No... Friday night at 8pm. But that was.... One or Two years ago now... Ever since then... It.... 'Has never been seen'..... Doo, doo, doo, doo <-- Weird, alien sound

.... So there you go ...

7. Ioo

Ioo New Member

What the hell is Futurama?.. Who needs TV anyways.

Futura is my monitor... can't find any info on it though.

****!Been through the void and back!*****

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ioo on 2002-02-13 14:43 ]</font>

8. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

9. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Hmm... why are you faking your heard-it-for-the-first-time reaction??? I saw your post on V13. :p

10. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Is that in reference to his monitor? His lack of Television? Or the thing about Futurama being cancelled?

11. Ioo

Ioo New Member

12. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Well, I can't dispute sources like that :wink:

I wouldn't want to anyhow. Sky 1 (our most watched satellite channel here) has been running an average of 2 episodes of Simpsons EVERY night at prime time for in excess of 8 years. I can't see how they get away with it.

I used to like the Simpsons, and freshness isn't much of a deal for me, but I am sick of it now.

Futurama was great and I can't believe the losers have cancelled it. It didn't have the replay value of the Simpsons, since I would probably only be able to enjoy an episode of Futurama a couple of times before losing interest, but it's characters and proposition definitely had more mileage.

13. carlstar

carlstar New Member

it must be cancel that toon time with fox.

they want too cancel 'the family guy' too.

14. Reg Pither

Reg Pither New Member

Err.. actually I still like The Simpsons. For me, it was the Python of the 90's - even though some things didn't work, there was just so much of it that it still had more great bits than any other comedy. I still watch repeats on Sky whenever I'm switching around, and like to see some of my old favourites again, so there!

Futurama was good, but not quite in the same league. Despite having the potential to be much more wide-ranging in scope than the Simpsons, its concentration on just a handful of characters as opposed to the Simpsons plethora of inhabitants and guest stars rather hamstrung its longevity. I'm surprised it lasted for four series! Just my two cents...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reg Pither on 2002-02-13 21:44 ]</font>

15. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Personally I like both Simpsons and Futurama. As for which is better it's hard to tell since they're roughly the same level IMO though with a small + in afavour of Simpsons.

16. Gonk

Gonk New Member

I believe there's a reason that quality series don't survive for long. People who enjoy quality don't want to see the same thing over and over again. Even "South Park" got a bit boring after a while. People without a life on the other hand gladly sees things like "Beaver Hills", "The Bald and the Beautiful" or "Survivor" year after year.

"Blackadder" was real quality!

17. Ioo

Ioo New Member

4 entries found for IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thar Thar, n. (Zo["o]l.) A goatlike animal (Capra Jemlaica) native of the Himalayas. It has small, flattened horns, curved directly backward. The hair of the neck, shoulders, and chest of the male is very long, reaching to the knees. Called also serow, and imo. [Written also thaar, and tahr.]
    Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

http://www.dictionary.com

18. Milo

Milo New Member

4 entries found for "Dictionary Quoting Thread Derailer"

n.
    1)Loo
    2)Ioo
    3)1oo
    4)zlobster

19. Gonk

Gonk New Member

He, he, there are quite a few meanings of "IMO". Check out the acronyms.

20. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

Check the time stamps on both, genious!

Our Host!