Level Cap remover...can't unpack; access denied

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by VGI, Sep 9, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. VGI

VGI New Member

I am looking for a way to remove the level 50 limit.

I downloaded the Unofficial Patch by Drog Black Tooth (thank you sir for leading an independent debugging effort for Arcanum, the high quality town maps, the high quality music, etc. Troika Games must be so grateful for you.)

This means that, according to the download section, I should get the:

"Arcanum universal level cap remover v0.0.1 - Works with the Unofficial Patch by Drog Black Tooth"

Problem is, when I unpack it, it cannot unpack the .exe file. It tells me that access is denied.

Same problem with "arcanum_uptolevel127_1074.zip"

Also, I was wondering if "cargo_hold_v1_0.zip - now assimilated in rroyo's WIP" and " sinbads-ship-cabin-and-cargo-hold.exe" would work with the Unofficial Patch. it would be nice to have a storage place in the game...then again if it doesn't work with the unofficial patch, I'll just look for other storage places within the game like I did before.

The level 50 limit for your character in Arcanum should never had been done in the first place. It was disappointing to find out that, after playing so much of this game the first time (a few years ago), that my character won't level up beyond level 50. Imagine, I could make a Tesla staff but so what? I couldn't get my perception or firearms skill up anymore. My char would shoot bolts of lightning but could never make a single hit.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try redownloading the files.

cargo_hold_v1_0.zip should be compatible with the UAP.

Indeed, it's so disappointing that you actually have to make different characters in a role-playing game.

3. VGI

VGI New Member

About the .exe file for both level50 cap removers not unpacking...I think COMODO Internet Security (Defense+) is interfering needlessly again.

Our Host!