Lets discuss ways of stealing as a mage...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malkali, May 12, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Malkali

Malkali New Member

I personally prefer the "fire wall to the NPC sales person, and then ressurrect them after I've stolen their key, and all their store items" approach.

Does anyone think this approach will be left in game? Or will the originator of the spell "wall of fire" be blamed for the deaths associated with said "wall of fire"?

2. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

I'd say you'd get blamed, since you'd get the experience for the kill.

However, there is a spell that picks locks, if I recall correctly.

3. Malkali

Malkali New Member

lockpicking spell doesn't work very well. It alerts the shop keeper that he's being stolen from. :|

Someone with the final build demo test out flame wall, and see if the demo is the same or not.

4. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

fire wall is something i seriously hope will get fixed in the full game, it shouldn't be possible to kill things without them reacting to it.

it was like the dynamite in the first beta.

5. Malkali

Malkali New Member

Well, i don't mind them screaming and running when they start taking damage out of the blue like that. (any normal creature will react like this, even if they don't know where the pain is coming from, they will lash out at things or run like a pansey)

But, and I say BUT, they should not automatically attack you if they do not see you cast the spell. On top of this, IF they do not see you cast the spell AND if they die from the spell, your various attributes (except evil good) shouldn't suffer, just as a thief wouldn't suffer if no one knew he backstabbed someone.

People that you do not kill, and you resurrect, should not attack you also. :grin: I mean, shouldn't they be grateful you brought them back? hehe

6. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

well the point is that they should start screaming, and if the guards do come over, they should react as they do when they find you over a dead body.

and can you throw that spell from out of sight? LOS?

if you can't, then the merchant should possible know who it is, and as the wall is not moving, they should move away from the wall.

imo this is a bug that needs fixing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeypunch on 2001-05-11 19:18 ]</font>

7. Anolis

Anolis New Member

Hmm, well I'll just sorta double post this, but take a look at the third level Black Necromancy Spell, Summon Undead. I've used it to kill of the entire town without them every changing reaction to me even if I summoned it right in my face. I don't believe I got any XP from it since it was an out of control beast that would attack it's own kind if nothing else was around. Of course a more intersting problem might be that I never took an alignment hit either. Pretty much a free way to kill and get away with it, the perfect crime.

---------------------------------------------
    - Anolis, "It's only a lvl 15 creature, but I still hope it does change in the full game."

8. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

imo if burning flames, or undead walk the streets killing the population, the guards and people should react if they see you there as well.

somewhat like witch burnings, they see something they feel is weird, and they jump the first suspected stranger.

i wonder if the mechanical cretures act in the same way.

i know to tie up the magick with you character might not be the perfect solution, by i hope they will *shrugs*

making flames and undead less neutral.

Our Host!