leet players

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by jorrit, Dec 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jorrit

jorrit New Member

I wonder why all the very experienced players who seem to know about everything and have played the game in about every possible way still play?

What are you still finding in the game that keeps it attractive although you kinda know it al and had it all?

All can post ofcourse but kinda interested in answers from Solaris, Dark Elf, Shadysomething, and the others who seem to pop up in about every thread spreading useful information.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

i play it cuz i like it, and i'll probably sit playing it on the home, when im old, just like DE.

how come you left me out, i played the game trough as a mage and tech of every race..... (well, probably cuz i haven't answered so may questions before.....)

3. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

The way the game is designed makes it replayable. There are so many different basic character types you can pick from to add onto and create more dpeth for. For me, it's always been the character creation part that keeps me coming back for more Arcanum. That and the story is just really cool and I absolutely love some of the characters.

4. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Arcanum is such a flexible game that it lets you create lots of different characters, as others have observed. I especially enjoy creating new backgrounds and trying them out with different races to see how they work out, so that's one thing that keeps me playing.

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, I could certainly try to write something that explains why I like Arcanum, but somehow mere words won't take me anywere. Yeah, I guess that you could view that as being hopelessly pathetic, but that's the way it is.

But if I should make a try, I really do find myself fascinated by the game world - Arcanum is such a lovely place to be. The story, the music, the interesting NPC's, the dialog, the flexibility - all creating a certain kind of atmosphere, the slightly flawed graphics actually enhancing it - it's truly a game well done. That's why I find myself playing it over and over again. There's always something new to discover.

Bah, I am pathetic now am I not?* :)

*Well, in that case, I like it.

7. Wolf

Wolf New Member

The thing about Arcanum for me is not only that there are so many characters you can make, but you could make the same character three times and still feel like your playing a new character.

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Far be it from me to go against any of the above advice, but for me the variety of characters, combined with a replayable storyline and the tech magic twist really does it, that and it was so cheap, the shop I bought it at had one copy left and wanted it gone, I got it for AU$ 35.00

9. Langolier

Langolier Member

There are just sooo many different ways to go through the game each time. Its also just plain fun. I dont really play Arcanum anymore. Final Fantasy 11 now takes up most of my time.. still think about Arcanum alot though. Probably return to it sooner or later.

10. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

FF11? oh, I'm sorry. I love Arcanum, for the same reasons DE, and everyone else here named. I played it through tech'n'magi with a couple different races, and then picked up a new game and started it. (Shogo: Mobile Armor Division and... uuh... crap, I forget the name of the other. =S) Give me 2-3 months and I'll be playing again, I go in bi/tri monthly rotations to keep from burning myself out on games.

11. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Of course some people could start to play Arcanum again because of an uber cool mod.

And another question .

Do you people like lightsabers ?

12. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Which one? It's not like I've seen any advertisements for a new mod with cars anywere. :p

Context: I'm going to download your mod as soon as I'm on my own computer.

Why yes. I love lightsabers. They do this lovely humming sound when I cut people in half.

Do you know of a way to implement lightsabers with the correct graphics, humming and all into Arcanum? In that case, it would be awesome!

13. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Oh you havent . Ok I must post a little more then .

I am sure that people appriciate my insightful comments . :lol:

no but i do in real life .

In fact my daddy just cut my allowance . Where is my lightsaber ? And my darth vader costume ?

14. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

It`s so fun that when u finished it u feel like u haven`t done something and think that there is another way to play...this game is so playable that it`s hard to let go .. i haven`t finished it....... yet but i guess i`ll start it all over again.

15. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I second every word. I simply enjoy replaying Arcanum over and over again, just for being in that enchanting world.

16. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

let me continue that phrase ...Solaris ... just for being in that enchanting world of steamworks and magik obscura

17. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Don't you dare. Ev er heard the concept of "overdoing" things? You have just turned a well thought out sentence into a cliche. DO NOT, ever, rephrase my statements. I am a writer damn it. I KNOW how to say it right :p

Our Host!