Langley's bill

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Balint, Oct 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Balint

Balint New Member

I've spoken to Langley, who owes a great deal to Madam Lil in Tarant. He's promised to pay the full bill in five days, but it's now been more than fifteen days, and I'm still not getting any dialog that allows me to discuss the matter with him. I can only quiz him about training. ANy idea what gives?

2. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

most likely just another bug added to the many bugs in this game.

3. Balint

Balint New Member

Actually, post-patch, I've never found Arcanum that buggy. I played it after the patch first came out with a techno-dwarf, and didn't encounter a single visible bug. (Yes, I'm aware there may have been bugs affecting such matters as combat calculations behind the scenes, but that's not my point. ;) )

Surely if it is a bug, others in this forum will have encountered it; and if so, there's a workaround. If not, I just need to find out what I'm doing wrong. :)

4. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

Have you tried checking in at Madam Lils? IIRC, he does pay it, just not to you...

Or I could be wrong.

5. blazer2002

blazer2002 New Member

this looks more like a journeymans topic i can say why they fixed this bug that wich allows you to take infinite money from langley

6. Balint

Balint New Member

No offense meant, but I don't understand what you mean. Are you perhaps suggesting that there was a bug in which Langley provided endless money to pay his bill with Madam Lil, and that Troika over-compensated? Yet it worked perfectly when I played the game with patch after it first came out. I thought perhaps someone on these boards might know of special party conditions that triggered a bug in Langley's reactions.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Never had that problem with Langley, but I always take 200 up front. Check your logbook, see if it is still active.

Also, I always leave town & come back before I colect. that might help.

Yes, he pays you. Lil does not get out much anymore.

8. Balint

Balint New Member

I've been out and back to Tarant several times--very odd, as I say. I suppose there's no harm in checking up on him, again. At least I won't miss many quests if I can't fulfill this one for Lil.

9. gargob

gargob New Member

Langeley gave me 5000. I abused the bug.
    Try stealing the money.

10. Balint

Balint New Member

No thanks. :) I want to win any game I play in a way that makes the winning more attractive to me. That means that any cheats or cheese are out. Typically, after a runthrough, I'll ratchet up game difficulty for the challenge.

PS: Went back to Tarant about two months, later. Langley coughed up the money. I've no idea why the flag wouldn't set previously, since I'd certainly waited long enough, but at least now Madam Lil has her cash. :D ;)

11. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Cheese. I like cheese. I eat lots of it.

12. gargob

gargob New Member

That's nice now stop spamming or I'll steal all of your cheese and stuff your mouth full of spam.
    If you don't stop maybe or you'll be banned. Maybe it'll be like this or something.
    Spammer: Where's my cheese?
    Spammer: Ohh, I found spam. SPAM, SPAM, SPAM
    Spammer: I'll need to heat it up.
    Proceeds to oven and gets flamed.
    Spammer: NOOOOOO
    Another Spammer: Yes, now you may join us spammer.
    Spammer: Join what?
    Another Spammer: The Brotherhood on Uranus of Flameless Flamers.
    Spammer: I get to flame people?
    Another Spammer: NO. YOU WILL BE FLAMED.
    Spammer: Why are we called flamers then?
    Another Spammer: When you flame people they will not care because you have lost all hopes of having at least a litttle bit of pride.
    Spammer: I'll join.
    Moderator: You're both banned.
    Another Spammer: We'll have to take new names so we can join the forum again.
    TO BE CONTINUED..... If they join again.[/img]

13. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

good greif.

I recently patched and spoke with the lecherous little halfling. I also had trouble getting option to speak with him about the funds, but then I spoke with him again and selected a slightly different wording, and the option appeared, but only once in the course of the conversation. Perhaps it's buggy, perhaps it's to do with my abysmal persuasion skill.

14. urgh

urgh New Member

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Hi Urgh, welcome aboard.

Nothing is really wrong with spam, the lunch meat. But here at the HoL, we have been plauged by new chums who are trying to get their post count up by posting spam. And virtual spam has not nearly the flavor of the canned variety.

A person's post count is somewhat sacred arond here for reasons that tottaly mystify me.

Then

I do believe Ron was refering to your post there gargob.

16. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

:roll: Tell me, do you actually wait to see someone spam or do you just start in on the spam-speech when you see a newb? My comment (as was previously mentioned on my behalf, thanks Shady) was in response to "Langeley gave me 5000. I abused the bug. " - abuse of bugs / game engine is called cheese. And I like cheese. I'm no where in the big leagues when it comes to cheese, but i try.

17. gargob

gargob New Member

Oh, sorry my fault.
    Oh about that spam thing. I wrote whatever came into my head when I saw your post.

18. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I once told Chalupa that after she wrote a post, she should stand up & go get a Coke or something & then read the post again before she hit the send button. You should follow that advice as well.

19. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

I just hope he isn't as... copious... a poster as I am. If he were, he'd be drinking 500 cokes a day. Or more.

20. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Just to clarify things for you, Chuppy ain't a "he"...

And you do realize that she's the sole reason why the Coca Cola company manages to live on, right :p

Our Host!