Kraka-Tur mentions a scroll giving dragon form.... in game?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by jwh, Jul 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jwh

jwh New Member

Was wondering if there was a scroll like Kraka-tur mentioned or if he used the only one..... thought I'd ask before spending hours of real time crawling around the northern mountains to see if I could find a similar one...

If there is one - just say yes but not where so I can go crawl and have to find it.....

J

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Re: Kraka-Tur mentions a scroll giving dragon form.... in ga

He used the only known one. You will not encounter a second one in your journeys.

3. jwh

jwh New Member

And I'm assuming someone has checked the code to make sure there isn't one anywhere in game?

What I expected... but I had a brief glimmer of hope !

J

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Simply doing everything possible with that game by the community doesn't count?
    Don't forget you would have to find a living dragon for using that scroll, and Bellerogrim was the last of his race.

5. Charonte

Charonte Member

You only need the blood of a dragon, don't you? In that case you could use the vial of dragon blood (which stays in your inventory) from the Dungeon of the Dragon Pool (or whichever) that Torian Kel marks on your map after talking to him in the Ancient Temple.

I actually think that might the blood of Bellerogim, it'd fit anyway.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Yes, but I hoped he wouldn't know about it/remeber it at the moment. :tips the wink:

If so, no wonder dragons died out if there blood doesn't clot even after two thousands of years of being outside the body. Stab'em with a stiletto, grab some popcorn and watch them slowly bleed to death.

7. Charonte

Charonte Member

Well, it is the order of the dead we're talking about. They were pretty spiffy necromancers.

There's probably a good reason it's not in-game though. It's not like banishment is possible by the vast majority of magicians.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

So they make blood float without clotting. How powerful and useful magic that is.
    Seriously though, the Dungeon of the Dragon Pool has propably nothing to do with the Derian Ka, Torian Kel simply knew about it's location and possible content.

Kraka Tur was banished not for what he was but for what he did. The Living One can perform much more banishment-deserving acts after all.
    The better reason for it not being in that game is the fact that after the ritual everything people would do is escape from you.

9. Charonte

Charonte Member

What I was saying is that Kraka Tur was too powerful to be simply killed off - he may have been banished for what he done, but banishment was very much a last resort from what I could gather. It'd be fairly 'unbalanced' letting the living one perform such a ritual

Don't remember too much about the whole quest, but the temple itself is Derian Ka which might make the dragon pool an extension of some sort. Even if it's not, it could still be magick supporting the blood.

Anyway, semantics.

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

How I see it, killing someone off is always way easier than banishing (with the possible exception for some incredibly powerful mages). Banishment requires extreme magical power which could have just been used to kill someone. The reason why the Elven Council banished so often is because they were overjoyed with their new personal toy and tool of demonstration of power at once. They used it far more often than needed, without even knowing what it was. As said by Nasrudin, Kraka Tur begged for his life after being defeated and before being banished, and since they were able to defeat him, killing him after that would not be problem. Maybe they just thought that the mystery of the Void will provide a greater punishment for his actions than simple death.

Our Host!