King Assassin quest (spoiler?)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Silvio-Arjunza, Aug 31, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I did the quest where you kill the King (note: if you have the guy in Tarant who mentions it to you arrested, you get good-points b/c of that, and then you can still do the quest. :D) and I did kill the King, but now everyone in Caladon hates me... luckily I'm at the point where I 'should' be going through the portal into the Void, but I saved be4 I did that, so now I'm going back and doing the quests that I didn't find... but anyway! is there any way any of you know of to get the populace of Caladon to quit hating you? and, for that matter does anyone know how to 'force' or 'hex' your way back to the Isle of Despair (I know you can go in and hex your location, but I cannot find the site that allows you to do that anymore. :cry: ) so yea... help?!

2. Luvian

Luvian New Member

If you kill the king you are screwed, they will hate you forever or until you dominate will/reflection shield all of them...

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

By the way, did anyone try to tell te king of Dernholm that it was the Caladonian prince who killed his daughter? What happens if you do that?

4. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

he asks you to kill the prince... pretty nice...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    by the way hi everybody im back... i bin playin age of mythology lately but now im bored of it...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

5. gargob

gargob New Member

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

There is a whole set of options that should start a war between Caladon & Cumbria. You can tell the prince a whole lot of nasty things about the King of Cumbria too.

Killing the king is a timing thing. First finish ALL the quests in Caladon, then fink out the prince to the stupid king of Cumbria, then the assassanation, kill the prince on the way out, get your payoff for both jobs, & for a last hurah before leaving for the Void, set off the Orc Riots.

7. Silvio-Arjunza

heh... I kinda ruined my ability to do any quests be4 killing the King by picking a fight with the Black Market guys... well, I didn't really pick a fight with them... they picked a fight with me b/c I killed "MR. BLACK" in Tarant... :D so yea... I think I'm just gonna go back in kill everyone in Caladon, I'm level 60... I doubt it's gonna be any trouble... heh... I'll just take out my Hushed Pistol, kill the guards... they go through the houses at night, and kill everyone in thier sleep... I'm not really worried about my char's good/evil meter... after I ditched Virgil I was using the Bangellian Scrouge for a LONG tyme. :) btw, has anyone discovered what happens if you are in possetion of two ships? I bought a ship, and then did Stringy Pete's quests... I'm thinking of seeing what happens if you send them both to the same city... :D:D:D btw, I'm laying out the ideas for my mod, and I'm prolly gonna double the price on everything, but getting cash is gonna be a LOT easier... :)

8. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Getting cash is already too easy, in my opinion. I don't think you should make your mod that way.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

not getting cash LEGALLY, thats really damn hard. someone should mod the game so its just harder in general... oh wait, no, they already did that. :thumbup:

10. Silvio-Arjunza

I haven't started laying out the mod yet, it's all just theory at the moment... I'm gonna post something somewhere so I can take suggestions... I think Chulupa's idea for harder cash is a good idea... I've got this crazy idea that, if it works, would be REALLY cool... *grins evilly*

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

*you ould have used the evil grin thingy :evil: *
    It isn't just hard to get cash legally, it's lots of hard; have you ever had to mug the orc thugs in Tarant for THEIR money? If your tech though, those nice little Explosive Grenades are a pretty decent revenue source though :D

12. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Or you can kill magic shop owners and sell their scrolls. You'll be rich in no time. :razz:

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

yes but what if your one of those rare few who decide to play a good character? i usually wind up pickpocketing the shopkeepers in the middle of the night, your source of revenue is self replenishing that way, and you still have someone to buy from in the morning.

14. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Do not kill them. Sheep are for shearing, not slaugter. Always treat shopkeepers as a renewable resource.

15. Silvio-Arjunza

good point shady... hmm... I'm thinking of putting in a couple of gangs... like a tech gang, and a mage gang... and make you able to buy some thief-oriented magic/tech stuff from them... but I'll have to figure out how to make schematics....

Our Host!