Just a thought for AWIP 5.0

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by wastelandhero, Jun 20, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Due to the lack of followers with firearm skills, would it be possible to incorporate a dialoge line where you could ask the follower the become skilled in a certain area when you first pick them up?

2. Darkform

Darkform New Member

lack of Firearms skilled followers? if there is a lack of followers with a certain skill I think it would be Throwing.

it would be nice to have Auto lvl schemes changeable on followers like you can change on yourself and add a Throwing Auto lvl scheme. (I don't think a diolog could do it without allot of scripting.)

3. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I'd rather not have that. Then you can make every follower the same and it would lose uniqueness.

But we do need a throwing follower.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Two new ones have already been added. Faithe and Priscilla. It's time to add some other types.

Lasou was to be the first of the throwing followers, although his joining you was only for the Plainwicke adventure.
    No promises but I'll see what I can do about a full-time one.

It sounds possible. I know there's a script line to give mastery in a skill, so there should be a way to make them beginner's level proficient - without resorting to the profession change cheats that Chris Beddoes created. I won't go that route.

5. theorel

theorel New Member

there's a script action which is
    "autolevel scheme for (obj): change to (num)"
    I've not tried to do this (though I will soon) but I think that one could use this along with a dialog to change a follower's autolvl scheme. I intend to have at least one follower with multiple leveling schemes, where you can convince her to change which scheme she uses...anyways, I'll try it out over this coming week and let you know if it works. (assuming nobody else has by then).

6. team a

team a New Member

I have done this. The primary follower for my mod - which has not yet been released - has 3 possible autolevel schemes, which the PC can choose from.

Also, Stanford from Dusty Dunes has throwing as his primary combat skill. Of course, I need to get things together and release that patch, because without a patch, you can't get him to join you anyway...

It's too bad that there aren't more throwing weapons. Of course, the aerial decapitator is pretty awesome, but it's not something most people encounter in the game anyway, and it's the only real high level reusable throwing weapon.

7. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Well as far as firearms go...you've got Faithe, Vollinger, Sebastian all reach 5 points on firearms.

If the player chooses a fireermas man as well then you've got 4. And one of the Halflings from the ew villages has a point on firearms as well.

Franklin Payne is also one,, IIRC.

Also, if you want to use the permanancy trick to get followers you can always get:

- Doc Roberts (but no armor use on him :p)
    - THe Pick Pocket Master (IIRC)
    - THe Bandits from the the Firearms Master Quest or from the Poachers Village).

Totally agree on the coolness of a Throwing follower....I did once get Clarissa Shalmo, Miranda Tears and Liana Del Par on my team using the permanancy trick and give them the Azram's Star, The Aerial Decapitator and Fleet Boomerang for a nice throwing party.

HOWEVER, they were using "boomerang" type weapons...I wonder if what's being requested here isn't more of a "grenedier" type throwing follower as discussed in the other thread.

THe main problem will be, of course, that without a proper AI...you're gonna have the same problem as you would with foillowers who use things like the Acid Gun, Pyrotechnic Gun, Envenomed Bow, Pyrotechnic Bow, Flame Thrower, etc. in the sense that when they miss they seriously risk messing your party up, only with a "thrower" its worse cos the area of effect is much larger.

While this isn't a problem with

- explosive grenades, concussion grenades, molotovs, paralysis, flash, electrocution, stunners, etc...

Throwers with:

- Hallucination, Knock Out Gas, Mustard Gas and Fire Obstruction

Can have potentially lethal effect on the party if they miss or pick their targets poorly.

Just something to consider!

Our Host!