John Titor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chunky944, Apr 17, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Impossible to say. You could end up in an alternate universe. Or, rather, you should end up in an alternate universe, because otherwise you'd remember that you did speak to yourself that day wouldn't you?

It's a funny thing with time-travel discussions. Way to bend your mind.

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Its a funny thing with time-travel discusions, you really get to observe how full of shit some people are. ;)

3. xento

xento New Member

That's only really been shown in the Back to the Future movie series, and it was all for the show; not based off of any theory or scientific concept.

As I have said, the only way to travel though time, in my opinion, would be by switching to a different Quantum Universe which is almost exactly the same, but the actions there wouldn't reflect on the actions of the universe from which the traveler came from.

4. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i read a book where not only did the guy talk to himself, but he started to remember the conversation as he was talking... of course, he also stopped the norman invasion of england way back when, and made the world a nasty puritan place, so there you go...

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'd be up for some time travel, but then, I'd be going back in time to exploit my knowledge of the future. And to con dull-witted peasants.

6. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Damn straight! All time travel would be good for would be going back in time and exploiting people. Who wants to go to the future? It just be boring and alien. Atleast we've heard of the past.

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

yeah, but popping up in the past leads to getting burned as a witch... you can't be too obvious

8. Baal

Baal New Member

That’s why they invented the gun, so you can shoot the people with pitchforks. Just be shur you bring enough bullets.

Hmmm… that could be fun go back and bring a flame througher, you could rule all the people as sum demonic lord.

9. Dark Elf

Media:
    I've sometimes been thinking on how cool it would be to go back in time with a modern tank... really, a crew in a tank could surely conquer the entire medieval world. I mean, there were no weapons back then that could hurt you, right?

Coming to think of it, you would need to bring quite a lot of diesel and ammunition for it to work...

10. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

No. Never the twain shall meet. Think of this:

Year 2000. You go back to 1950. This means that during the year 1950, you pop up outta nowhere. So, you going back to the past has already happened, during 1950. But, you won't be alive for another 50 years. So, when the year 2000 comes, you have already been in the past.

Now that makes my brain hurt like hell.

11. Baal

Baal New Member

The true question would be, would there be one or two of you then, could you help change your past, or would you not be born.

12. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

No, there's only one of you. We aren't talking about making replicas of yourself, we're talking about YOU going back in time. You're not putting yourself in two places at the same time.

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

This is such a stupid conversation. This is like talking about what god looks like. We should be talking about what we'd do if we went back in time, because none of us are ever going to go back in time, and none of us have phd's in quantum physics, therefore you might as well be randomly smashing the keyboard, the ensuing jumble of letters would be just as valid an explanation of time travel as any that could come forth from this thread.

14. Dark Elf

Media:
    If you think it's such a stupid conversation, then why are you even part of it? It's not like anyone forced you to read it and make replies to it.

Besides, you're contradicting yourself:

?

15. Baal

Baal New Member

I say god's a black woman, maybe in tights, and a big half eaten chicken leg in one hand, looking at us all right now and laughing her fat ass off because everyone in the world is so dumb.

Come on sleek you’re a party pooper, people can talk about anything they want here. You just way too grumpy go back to bed.

16. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

You people... I mean, who cares about the "How" no one here is going to figure it out.

If I went back in time I would find seabiscuit and break his knees. I hated that movie.

17. Baal

Baal New Member

That’s better (pats Sleek on head), a little mean but better. I’d jus kill the jock hurting the horse would be mean.

18. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

You idiot, I didn't change my stance at all. I still wish I wasn't part of a conversation involving amateur theoretical time travel.

19. xento

xento New Member

You could get move out of it right now and save the majority of us alot of headache.

20. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I think conversations like this have an inexplicable lure to poor little Sleekie. No Doctor, he's not a bad boy, he just can't resist. Spank him? Oh, never!

Our Host!