Joe in "Time"

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Anym, Sep 21, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anym

Anym New Member

I just finished Troika's bonus module "Time". Possible spoilers follow.

I just traveled back to my own time, only to discover that little Joe had did of the fever in the mean time, thus ending the game. I was wondering if there was an alternate ending, specifically a way to save little Joe? That was my first impulse, especially as time travel is an option, but I didn't find a way to do it.

Darren Reaves, the mage, doesn't seem to be around in this time frame (at least not alive). I managed to get back into the dungeon again, climbing through the window, circumventing the barrier by the main entrance, but I haven't been able to to reproduce that, so maybe that was just a glitch. Anyway, down in the dungeon everything's the way you left it, there's D.R.'s body and the time portal, but as the body is "empty", you can't use the portal. So, do I just have to cope with the death of a little boy?

Just for kicks, I tried killing Joe before travelling back to my own time, but this didn't have any effect either. He still died of the fever, maybe Darren Reaves resurrected him. Interestingly, killing Darren Reaves does produce an alternate ending screen.

EDIT: Ah, OK, it probably isn't possible. I just realized the big twist when I started over because I wanted to replay it from the beginning to see if I could do anything differently... Silly me, I had totally forgotten about that. It reminded me a bit of "The City on the Edge of Forever". Very nice. Because of that twist, I'm quite sure now that it was indeed the "good" ending that I saw, making this whole post a bit pointless, but if I'm (still) mistaken, please do tell me! BTW, I also removed the word "Saving" from the title to make it more spoiler-free.

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

No, you can't save Joe.

The end screen shows being stuck in the past as a terrible thing but it's not so bad if you think about it.
    a, Return to the present where no one will believe your story.
    OR
    b, Stay in the past as a hero to the town you saved.

Our Host!