Joachim and Priscilla Peen

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Deathmage, Jan 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

If you would look into the Schemes list, there is two interesting, and seemingly unused, schemes: Joachim, and Priscilla Peen. I've tried using both of these, Joachim puts points into Summoning and a LOT into Constitution. Priscilla is a guntotter who puts points into Firearms (duh), Herbology, Heal and Dexterity. Anyway, anyone know why they are there? Is there some way of getting Joachim to join? And who is Priscilla Peen?

I'm guessing they could join/is a character a long time ago but was cut from the actual game...

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Isn't Prescilla the woman you can get to join you in the Vormantown MP module? She's a gun-toting healer.

3. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Sp*cough*oil!

Priscila Penn is the NPC from Vormantown... the only NPC I think.

And Joachim is... *drumroll* Elder Joachim! You fight against him at some point if you are doing the evil path.

4. Canis

Canis New Member

Yes, but why would Joachim need a leveling scheme unless there was once some idea about making him a follower.

5. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

My point exactly! He didn't even summon anything when I fought him.

Vormantown?

6. Canis

Canis New Member

IIRC, Joachim summoned one or more rather unpleasant fire elementals last time I fought him.... Nasty buggers. Anyway, a quick browse through the game files reveals that quite a few things were left out, although I haven't yet seen any further evidence of a Joachim-as-follower conspiracy.

Vormantown is an official module provided with the main game.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Many NPCs have leveling scheems. I supect they all might. One of my PCs has the Dominate Will / Reflection Shield combo. We haven't tried but a few, but the ones we have tried all have one so far.

8. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

Some doesn't. Most have, yes (hence schemes: Upper Level NPC, Middle Level NPC, Lower Level NPC), but some doesn't...

Our Host!