Jarinor and Snowmane R.I.P.?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Muro, Jun 11, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Aw come one, why choose? No need to reject any of the options.

[​IMG]

BTW, I just realised, that the admins are red now. Scary.

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Perhaps they will find a possiblity to make you young again, or the secret of Reincarnation.

Yes, I think it's an improvement, because everyone can see it much better now.

3. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I don't like it. I really don't like it. Though I'm way too lazy to change it back. I therefore urge whoever changed it in the first place to please change it back.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've added the colors. Now moderators and admins can actually be distinguished and it's just easier to spot the staff members. The colors are also a norm on most forums.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Okaaay... Someone else in a "I'm Spartacus!" mood?

7. Xz

Admins and moderators were bold white while normal members were non-bold white, I'd say that was distinguishable enough. Red and orange really doesn't work with the overall colour scheme on the board.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but the users couldn't tell who was an admin or just a moderator. In my opinion, the lack of proper admin/moderator colors just makes our forum skin look unprofessional.

We can try other colors, though. Feel free to suggest better ones.

9. Arthgon

What about changing it into Yellow for the admin and Green for the Moderators?

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I second Arthgon. Those colours work without being overly nauseating.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  12. Arthgon

Yes, gold was my second choice for them. What about the option to give the Moderators not a green one, but a silver color?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, gold is nice. For moderators, I think, either light green or light blue would work, both colors are quite easy on the eyes.

Or we can use silver, yes. Vote, please.

14. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Gold for Admins, Silver for Mods.

Almost the entire staff are admins anyway.

15. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I think Drog's primary colors are actually the best ones. The hot colors are more agressive and fitting in the black and maroon theme, and in those settings, red fits for a "stronger" version of orange, making the mod/admin colors balanced with each other. The yellow and green are too casualy used and mild, not to mention how out of place they would be with the theme. Definitely not silver, it would merge too easily with the white for normal members and would kill the whole point of color changing, unless normal users would have a changed color as well.
    I would normally like the light green/light blue colors (wow, mine are different than Drog's!), but they just don't fit with the theme here.
    As for gold, I think it shares the fate of yellow since except for the name and dignity of the color, there isn't that much of a difference when it comes to practice.

Wow, that was the most colorful post in my life.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's gold/silver now. Think of the Olympics.

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Shouldn't normal users be some shade of brown now? It would fit with the theme and make mods more visable. Or at least change the mods into a darker shade of grey, that would look nice too.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welll, it seems to be visible enough: moderator, user. But let's wait for more opinions.

19. Xz

In the spirit of sticking to the colours we already have, I suggest bold white for moderators, and bold black for admins. (I'd suggest maroon, but seeing as the background is maroon that doesn't really work.)

Edit:
    Perhaps brown like the forum icons.

Though ideally we'd leave it like it was initially.

20. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The greatest difference is the bold, and since the newest registered user is in bold too, there is hardly any difference between a casual member and a mod.
    member - new member - moderator
    You know that it's there when you know what to look for. Of course there is a color identification help just right of the online users, but it still is disturbing for the eye. I hold that the difference between white and silver is hardly visable, and since the whole change is for making clear who is who, the diference should be clearly noticeable.

Here's a thought: how about giving the users a silver/grey one while the moderators a white one? Since the white color is definitely more standing out than the silver/grey one. Of course it breaks the Olympics theme, but in practice it's more important how it looks, not what it's suppose to mean.
    With the silver member:
    member moderator administrator
    With the grey member:
    member moderator administrator

Our Host!