I've Lost all my hopes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by werozzi, Jul 2, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. werozzi

werozzi Member

As some of you might know, México is under Election times.
    Since some months ago, a student driven movement called "Yo soy 132" has been manifesting against Enrique Peña Nieto, the ignorant murderous right-hand politician that was one of four candidates to presidency.
    First of all, he's the favorite of the masses, but not for any proposition or clever act, but because he's good looking, married to a t.v. actress and gives free shit. I mean FREE SHIT, many people sold their votes to him, just for some monthly supply of meat and eggs, or just the equivalence of 50 dollars or so, and i don't blame them for taking it, i mean, if we look, we are a third world country, number one worldwide in corruption, where the government takes all the money and nothing goes for the people, where the same people has the monopolies since many years ago, and also possess this country, where our president has a salary of almost twice as much as Barack Obama, while maintaining a "war" against "organized crime"(generating more than 60,000 deaths, most of them, innocent civilians), where every politician gets part of their gains by inversions on narcotraffic , Even the Zapatist army, that bases itself around one of our main historical heroes, is considered criminal, and the list goes on, but i guess you catch the point.
    Well, today the voting took place, everything points to Enrique's triumph, and every single attempt from this movement to make the country aware of the all-favorite's shady business, that involve mass repression, prosecution and rape of homosexuals, the murder of his first wife, alliances with almost every media, and media coverage, all failed to their purpose, since at this time, this "man" is almost sure the one to be our future president.
    And now, i feel like SHIT. i feel really disappointed of my own people (not that i was ever proud), how can a country vote for the same party that slowly destroyed it for 82 years? are we that Alzheimerish? how are we going to let the same people take over this country once more ?
    But of course, the powerful give their people what they want: Football for him and Comedies or soap-operas for her, dumb cartoons for the children, and no F####ing support for arts, i live in a family of artists, and it's hard; the art has to look for the people, ignorance prevails here, and it will continue like that with this guy as president.
    I'm writing this not only to inform you guys, but to try to ease the frustration that i felt, the frustration of thousands of students that thought this time a change was possible, just to be received with the usual shit, also by the burning desire of once in my life know a real democratic government, where votes cannot be bought, media altered, even a local party printed a fake paper that stated that the favorite and only left wing candidate had dropped out of his campaign.
    I feel this is unfair, for my future and other Young people's, we have no choice but to live in a retro-producent, anti evolving, violent, fear induced country.
    ...sometimes i just wish that we screwed something with another country, bad enough to get this shithole nuked and erasen from the map...
    But seriously, i'm done with this, i have no hope on times to come, and i find coward the solution that many fellow Mexicans take, so i don't know what to do...

2. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time, mother.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I don't know what to say to make things better, but is there anything you could do? I gather that the coward solution you write about is to head north for the US, but then again, why stay if Mexico is so bad?

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

While I have nothing worthwhile to contribute, I can say that I have met several former Mexican nationals who now reside in the USA for the exact reasons you have listed.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

If you do, don't emigrate illegally. If you emigrate illegally, don't go to Arizona.

6. werozzi

werozzi Member

That workaround i mentioned is surely the easier and less "revolutionary, but we want to change this country, not just leave it to rot.
    I think the student movement is really strong, and i don't think we're letting that bastard to be our leader, because,
    How can you be president when your country's "future" is against you?
    I hope this movement gets to actually something, yet the bad thing is the repressive actions that the government takes, per example, in 1968, another student movement ended up in a mass massacre where hundreds of students were killed, much more of them disappeared and jailed, all because of an abuse by the army (Google it for more info), and now imagine the things to come; i see fully armed cops in the streets, turreted trucks full of armed soldiers, and now our future president is looking forward to militarize the streets, adding elite forces to them.
    And then now, there's us, the students, just looking forward into a better future, and in great disadvantage, even from other citizens, tagging us as vandals, vagrants, terrorists, drug-addicts. I have a really bad experience on the streets, just by the way i look.
    The thing i really don't want is another war in México, two of them is already enough.
    Well, i want to thank you guys for giving me a chuckle or two and brightening my day, and i apologize if i'm being any kind of annoy, but i'm not used to diaries, and anyone that can hear and understand this is in a similar way than me.

Philes: I am aware of that, and some close people have left this country in search of a better life.
    it is sad that a country can't keep it's citizens inside and happy.

7. Grossenschwamm

Your post makes little sense to me.

You say the future is against the man running for office, say the student movement is making progress, then point to a student movement in the 60's where the type of goverment you and the rest of Mexico really didn't like was happening earlier, and those students were murdered/jailed/disappeared...which leaves you with today, where students like you in this movement are being stereotyped, and therefore easier to do away with.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Start a revolution. Die for a cause.

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees, eh Darkfool?

Yeah, I know my Emiliano Zapata.

10. Grossenschwamm

In any context but political unrest, this situation is suicide by cop.

11. werozzi

werozzi Member

Gross: that's just the point, if 40 years ago, a student movement caused by police brutality during a football riot ended up like that, now in 2012, how are things going to be if now is about politics, "Serious business".
    Besides, police repression in México is becoming each time stronger, and even during voting, repression was clearly seen; many students that were going to vote for the left wing, got beaten up,by COPS.
    Sorry if i can't make my point clear Gross, but i suck at writing, even in my language (can't seem to order and choose words correctly).

Dark Elf: It really cheers me up to see My general 'miliano's words in this forum, i actually live at few kilometers from where he was born and a little more far to where he was killed.

12. Grossenschwamm

What I'm saying is your government and its enforcers don't give a damn if you're the future, and what you're saying is you're ready to die for the good of your country.

I would hope such a sacrifice would do good, but also can see it got worse after the same such sacrifice. I don't know what to tell you except for;

Be better armed and trained than your enemy. The history of peaceful protests in your country has not gone well.

13. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Oookay, do you think we could possibly dial back all the incitement to violence and armed rebellion? My recommendation to werozzi is that he joins the system and works to defeat it from within. And if that means that along the way he has to take some bribes and enjoy corporate hospitality with nubile mamacitas, then I'm willing to accept that as the price of change.

14. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

And I recommend nonviolence. It kicks ass!

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I watched Walker Texas Ranger today and they taught gang-bangers that all they need is self respect and karate. Surprisingly this was one of the few episodes where Chuck didn't kick someone's arse, mainly because he was dealing with a school and I don't think him beating up a classroom of gang-bangers is in good taste.

16. Grossenschwamm

I guess one is enough. Like when you drink beer, right smuel?

17. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Yeah but nonviolence lacks the splatter of an old fashioned rebellious suicide bombing.

18. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Aha! Finally we have proof that Grossenschwamm and DarkFool are the same person.

19. Grossenschwamm

I don't think telling someone to prevent their own death when things get violent is inciting a rebellion.

20. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Unless you're a homosexual, I'd say yes.

Our Host!