It's Virgil!

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons Discussion Forum' started by Dark Elf, Oct 5, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Is the "Happy Trickster" voiceset made by Rino Romano (Virgils Voice-Actor)?

1. Yes, it's Virgil! Watch out Sheep, here I come!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maybe. Give me a sheep and I'll give you the answer.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nope. Go check your ears.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dark Elf, you're an asshole.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Has anyone listened closely to the "Happy Trickster" voiceset in ToEE? The guy who made that one must be the very same man who made the voice for good old Virge! I've yet to see anything that actually confirms this, but putting my trust on my ears, I bet my collection of unwashed socks that Rino Romano was one of the voice actors involved in ToEE.

There doesn't seem to be any voice actor present in the credits of the game (What! No cred for the voice actors! Got to send a very angry mail...).

Of course, I could had missed something, since those credits pass away ridicolously fast. Stay in touch, I'm going deeper with those investigations...

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I read elsewhere that they used non union voice actors in ToEE. As well as paying them less, no credits necessary. Can anyone confirm?

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

No because I still don't have ToEE. :x

*refers to all the people who own a copy of ToEE while I don't.**

**Just joking. ;)

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    God. Fucking. Dammit.

I'll miss my socks.

It seems that Rino Romano wasn't anywhere near doing any ToEE voice content, as proven in this thread:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... ost4321145

Seeing as nothing can be found to prove matters otherwise, I've got no reason at all to not believe this guy. He seems to be some kind of game designer, which more or less proves it.

So, I was wrong, and Shady was (sigh) right (is that man some kind of natural law, kind of the opposite to Murphy? Sometimes I get to wonder)

Now it's just a question were to send the socks. Calis, give me your address and I'll post them as soon as I can.

Oh, and to those who haven't voted yet - you may skip the first two alternatives. Personally, I'd been aiming for the last one.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

You know I somehow feel I just can't refuse you. Besides it would be rude wouldn't it? 4th option here I go... :>

Our Host!