It's so fucking tragic, I couldn't stop myself from laughing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Jul 15, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Yup. Oblivion with guns. Hope the voiceovers are a little more varied and believable though. It could be worth a quick play through.

3. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

*sighs* such a legacy... and now it seems it's lost. There'sn't a chance in hell I'm buying that.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to say I'm going to enjoy playing this game. It looks fun from a gameplay standpoint. As far as the plot goes, I have no idea, but I'll rant about it if it's that bad.

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I didn't say I wasn't planning on playing it. I just won't ever support them. Fallout should've stayed in it's 3rd person perspective.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

It wasn't quite 3rd person, it was a more isometric 2.5D scenario.

7. Dark Elf

Media:
    When you make a sequel, it's obviously a very good idea to retain the feel and general atmosphere of the previous games in the series. If Diablo 3 turned out to be a side-scrolling platform adventure with only one playable character dressed in pink, no character progression whatsoever, the soundtrack from Care Bears and a plot centered around finding the stolen Barbie doll of King Leoric's daughter, would that still be Diablo?

Hell no. And this won't be Fallout, either.

Oh, and Todd Howard is a fag.

8. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

OMG

We want Mark Morgan back.

Gee, you don't say?

It's a tad more complex than that, and I fucking hope the developers know it.

LOL ?

9. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

This looks quite bad - in terms of having a fallout 3 that's closer to the originals then to the BoS or Tactics. From the looks of it, this will be an action-rpg, hopefully not that much like oblivion. It's likely that the very-well-balanced-and-gameplay-tested combat system will take all the fun from fighting while anything not strictly combat-oriented will be pointless as a 'balanced' charachter will get killed in the first fight outside the city walls.

I still hope that the dialogue system and storytelling in general will save this title. Chances are slim though, the guys at Bethesda just don't seem to learn what works and what simply sucks donkey balls.

BTW, I wonder if the mini nuke launcher will be incapable of opening a wooden door locked with a rusty padlock...

10. Jungle Japes

I think you can count on it. Only a mindlessly repetitive mini-game has the power to open locked locks.

11. Dark Elf

Media:
    Also, for all their talk about immersion, an immersive storyline was never Bethesda's strong suit.

And the minigames, I hated them in Oblivion, I hate them still. The speechcraft skill in Morrowind, for all it's flaws, at least made sense. I now fear that convinving people in F3 will not depend on your Speech skill but rather how good you are at pressing Intimidate, Persuade, Bluff and Belch in the right order.

Dear God, what have they done?

12. Packersfan30_3

Packersfan30_3 New Member

I'm really pissed off about the minigames.

Remember Bioshock? For the first five minutes (probably less...) the hacking mini game where you had the water flow through the tubes was fun. After that it got tedious and annoying. For the entire game.

I know it might seem well in testing, but it's testing. People play different. Someone beta testing isn't going to frantically try to lock-pick doors/containers, and hack shit (didn't he reference robots or something?) But some people are perfectionists, as am I. If there is something to lock-pick, and my characters strong suit is lock picking, I'm going to lock pick it. Adding some obnoxious mini game where I have to crack some code will just annoy me, not make it more immersive...

13. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

On the bright side, there's no pie game for speech.

14. Dark Elf

Media:
    Well, at least that's a plus. I just can't believe that they implemented such a profoundly stupid idea in Oblivion.

Wasn't the lockpicking minigame broken to the point where a character with no security skill at all could still open any lock with enough patience?

15. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Not so much patience as skill or blind luck, since you actually DID run out of picks.

Still, the skill was useless to have. Especially once you got that skeleton key and could just pick away at your leisure. The only time I ever had any satisfaction out of it was when I got the mod to turn the visuals off.

I suppose what they were trying to do was balance out the fact that there was only ONE way into chests and through doors, and that was to use lockpicks. That's more an oversight on their own part, though.

16. Jungle Japes

Things like that really irk me. If I have phenomenal cosmic powers, I shouldn't have to pick a lock, or cast a certain spell that will spring it. I should be able to blast it open.

I should also be able to set people on fire as a method of persuasion.

17. CCTV

CCTV New Member

Bethesda probably messed up the game but I'll try It anyway.

18. Dark Elf

Media:
    You may have been unaware of this, but in the future, please don't gravedig, ie post in old threads.

And I'll also buy FO3, if only for the lulz.

19. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

It was only like 2 weeks, certainly not that bad.

20. Dark Elf

Media:
    True. It's nowhere as bad as the aspiring champions who for their first post ever decide to reply to a thread that is several fucking years old and posted in by members who haven't been active for years, only to exclaim the profoundness that is "lol i agree :p"

I wonder if you can script a function that autobans people who do that?

Our Host!