Items for followers

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by who_is_daniel, Dec 17, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

I resently dusted off Arcanum (bought it when it first came out0,not having played it for months. There is still somthing I have never been able to figure out: In the Arcanum guidebook (not that great of a guidebook) not the manual it says that almost every follower has somthing they like, that you can give them if their opinion/reaction towords you starts to get worse, giving them what they like will make them much happyer. Soggy Mead Mog for example likes wine, Magnus wants dwarvin Snuff, Raven likes Elvin spring water. I have never seen this work. Butting it in their inventory dose not help, no diolog options, and putting it in a quick slot and using it on them will make my character throw the bottle of wine att Soggys head, which dose NOT make him like me more :)

Has anyone been able to figure this out?

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Watch for the dialog that says something like:

{120}{Well......I'm not usually the picky sort, but...I'm not happy with what you've been doing. 'Course...it's nothin' a bottle of decent wine wouldn't fix.}{Well......I'm not usually the picky sort, but...I'm not happy with what you've been doing. 'Course...it's nothin' a bottle of decent wine wouldn't fix.}{}{69}{}{}

Then choose the option of:
    {122}{Of course, my friend! And I've got one right here!}{}{5}{in 3608, ch -19}{-11}{re +20}

The rest is automatic.
    Of course, it helps to have the needed item in your inventory.

3. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Are there any stats or skills that have an impact on this? Your post "Then choose the option of: "ch- 19" dose that mean I need a 19 Charisma to do this?

Thanks for the fast reply by the way!

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Naw - it simply means this is an option for players whose Charisma is less than or equal to 19. In other words, just about every PC.

And things like Beauty and Persusion do factor into this as they help determine the follower's reaction to you.

5. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Our Host!