"It all started on the S/S Champion"

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by VerZreV, Jul 29, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

[OOC/] This is my first attempt of actually MAKING a RP on HOL, and I don't expect it to become as popular as TGA or "A Werewolf in Tarant" But I'm aiming high nonetheless.[OOC]

First of all:
    My character is a gentleman in his best age. A his profession is as a doctor, and he was trained at Tarant University. His name is Frederick Lowen, he is 35 years old, but keeps up pretty well. He was born poor, but has managed to pay his own way through an education. He has long dreamed to travel outside Tarant someday, but haven't yet had the chance, as the city is full of hypocondriacs who rely on him. Luck would have it that he has just recived a telegram from City hall, where he has been asked to participate in a historic event that may change Arcanum forever.
    He is not armed, and has the stats of Doc Roberts from Shrouded Hills... Noting special about him really.

This story takes place in the Tarant that came after the end of the game. People have lived on as they always have, and now, a new land has been found, long from Arcanum lies a large new land. It has been named "Brogaan" after the late captain Bernard Brogaan who founded the first colony in the new land. Tarant officials have gone great lenghts to secure the colonys survival. The latest news is that all people willing to work on the ship S/S Champion, which is headed to the colony of Caladorian, will get a piece of land and a citizenship when they arrive. Naturally, many have accepted, and have packed their belongings to go start a new life far away from Tarant.
    Players who use magic will have to pay for a ticket and stay above deck... While non-magic playes can go nearly whereever they like on the boat. People with special skills might even have gotten a telegram from City hall inviting them as special guests on the voyage.
    There's going to happen a lot abord, and I hope people will form friendships and such while the boat sails for the distination. The sailing time is estimated to two weeks (In-game) And so, I have chosen to call this adventure:

"It all started on the S/S Champion"

Our story starts on a windy day in late november. On the harbour in Tarant, the leaves from the old oak trees had just begun to fall. The newly fallen snow had come as a surprise for Tarant, and city officials had not expected snow until mid december. But now the city were covered in a thick layer of white, and all around was the sound of busy people going about their buisness, hundred of voices, all mixed together with the sounds of the mighty steamboats that lay in the harbour. Although, in the middle of all this commotion, the cold white snow was like a dampening blanket, taking the top of the noise.
    I stood on the wharf with my suitcase in one hand, and my rosewood cane in the other. I had just arrived with carrige from my house in St. Bergamot Street, and was now inspecting my surroundings.
    "A fine day indeed!" I said with a cheer. As I had spoken the last word, snowflakes once again began to fall from the endless white clouds above, and I completly forgot myself while standing there.
    "Dr. Lowen?"The voice had surprised me, and I quickly turned my attention to the person who had interrupted me.
    In front of me was a thin man, rather young, and with a smile under his small, well kempt moustache. He was dressed in a uniform, suggestion that he was the commander of a sea-faring vessel.
    I placed my cane and under my right arm and shook his hand, while lifting my top hat.
    "Yes, I am Dr. Frederick Lowen. And who would you be?"
    He saluted me and said; "My name is Gregory Cromwell, and I am the first mate on the S/S "Champion"
    I adjusted my glasses and took out a letter from my overcoat. "Oh yes, Mr. Cromwell, I recived the telegram last week, and might I say, I really look forward to travelling with the Champion on this memorable day"
    He yelled at a porter to bring my luggage abord. Afterwords, he told me that he would show me to my cabin. As I saw the S/S Champion for the first time, I was taken aback by amazement! It was by far the largest ship I had ever seen in my entire life, and from it's top poured two black trails of smoke. Of course, in it's role as a colony ship, it was designed to carry at least four hundred people, all acommondated with living quarters and food. As well as materials for the new housing the people would require. As we walked abord the giant ship, we talked about how the captain had planned the journey, and how the weather looked favorable for this time a year. I asked him about the crew, and he said that they still where still a couple of men short before they could leave. Apparently, those people who had not been able to pay for a ticket had been offered a job abord. After installing me in the first-class cabin, with some wine and a nice chair, he once again went outside to wait for the still missing parts of the working crew.
    As they arrived, I was told, they would have to write their name and age in the ships logbook, and would mainly work in the engine room. But still, it would be a free trip to the colony on Brogaan. And it had been no problem finding people willing to do a little hard work in return for chance of a new life in a unclaimed and uncharted land.

First mate Cromwell was standing at a table with his papers in front of him. The snow was falling rapidly now, and he was hoping the passengers as well as the remaining crew would turn up soon, so he wouldn't freeze his fingers off in the dreadful cold. There was still an hour untill departure, and Cromwell was already longing to set foot in the new land, where he would resign from the ship and open an inn with his pay. The captain would just have to find a replacement for the trip home to Tarant.
    Cromwell looked up, a figure emerged from the blizzard.

[OOC/] The first mate will now take care of the players who wish to join. This is the chance to give your name and age, along with any other information you might want to share with him. Bon voyage! [OOC]

2. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

[OOC]

Name: Duchess Lira Fire-eye
    Race: Elf

Appearance: Her golden-red eyes sparkle like gems in a royal treasury. Her red hair and red dress harmonises with her eyes perfectly. Her clothing style is that of the humans but elegant and added with a touch of elvish delight. She is thin and demure, often overlooked by men who wish for something more generous. But to some, she is the most stunningly beautiful in all of Arcanum. From time to time, a frog might be seen hopping around her.

Abilities:
    Her strong points include an unusually perceptive nature, a will is almost iron-like and her voice and mannerism enchants most people. Unfortunately, her physical prowess is not as one would like.

Her foray into magics has been quite successful. She is well trained in meta, morph and conveyance magics.

Background:
    She is a widow to a very wealthy, human duke. Following his death, a large wealth has passed on to her, along with the feeling of indescribable terror. She has fled the her estate, using her old, family name. When the feeling of terror heightened, she consulted several necromancers who had not been of help because they were suddenly snuffed.

Now, in the streets of Tarant, she has seen her fear in human form. And it is still stalking her. Acting in a state of paranoia, she books a ticket on a ship leaving the known world.

Inventory: She carries large amounts of gold with her, but hidden from normal eyes. Her possessions are of the normal kind, except for a small enchanted mirror which shows her her nearest foe.

She ran up to the ship and stopped in front of it. As the fog and snow parted, she saw the ship and stared at it in awe. She started up the ship, bags rattling in her hands as she took deep breaths. She had just escaped murder, her murder. Now she must board the ship.

[/OOC]

A man stopped me as I walked upwards. As I ignored him and continued to walk. He pushed me back. In my still nervous state, I lost control. I gave him a heart-stopping stare. But that was not what shocked the man. He had shrunk to half his height and was now screaming like a teapot. Looked like one too. When I realised what I had done, I let go of the spell and allowed him to return to normal height.

By this time, several others had approached. The man who introduced himself as first mate received me cordially and apologized for the rudeness on his crewman's part. He had been expecting me and brought me in to calm me down with some tea. He also started speaking of the ship's rules and Tarantian politics, with a little about weather in between.

As I walked through the dispersing crowd, a respectable youngish man caught my eye and gave me a slight wink. I casually winked back.

Our Host!