Is your son a hacker?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wolf, Jan 22, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

That was funny Icairus but not as good as the hacker crap.
    Really guys stop being so tight, Jar was joking this is the internet and you can easily miss a joke or something that really needs you to be talking to the person, so hush now chillun' and get over it.

2. xento

xento New Member

Well, in that case, I appologise, Jarinor. I tend to miss your sense of humor alot, because it sounds so much like a true insult.

3. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

If your Mr. Can't You Take A Joke, why would a comment about Australian rental stores piss you off so much? Is it true you can't take a joke? Because it was just a joke. Joke joke jokeity joke.joke

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I can takes jokes with the best of them fuckwit. But when you say stupid things like "I hear Mad Max is the only thing you can rent from Australian video stores, is this true?????" I get pissed off. Why? Because you're insulting my intelligence, the intelligence of everyone who lives here, you're being condescending and you're basically giving shit to my country, which is something I never stand for. I don't care what you think about your own country, when people insult mine the ever burning fire of Rage within me starts flaring up.

5. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I, for one, rather like Jar-Jar's humorous retorts :lol: . His sense of humor, much like my own, goes unnoticed and usually is ridiculed for being harsh :/ . why not stop and think when ya'll read posts like that and try to see the real meaning (if there is any) and read it within the context of the thread :eek: .

although I have not been here very long, I have seen HoL turn very cynical and unable to overlook flaming or to take ridicule and jesting with a grain of salt. I was flamed very much when I first appeared here, and learned that that was the way of HoL. it seems now that noone is able to just leave things be as they are, and has to defend EVERY LITTLE STATEMENT MADE!!!! :x

we need to dig deep and remember what HoL was like. even just a few short monthes ago, it was far from this now. and I blame it ALL on:

matt thorn/silvio/whoever

it does seem that things started getting sour shortly after he arrived. we should simply ignore such imputant snots as he, and revert back to the fun that was once had here :) :thumbup:

6. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Hey Jar, is it true that toilets flush backwards in Australia?

7. Milo

Milo New Member

OH NO HERE COMES THE RAAAAAAAGE

8. xento

xento New Member

Actually, I think it is true. Something about the Earth's magnetic pole or something...

I heard about it in the Simpsons. :)

9. Milo

Milo New Member

10. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I wish I could go to an island where there was no patriotism because no one knew the name of the fucking island...yeah, screw patriotism. Seriously Jar, calm down. I actually enjoy listening to people insulting Australia. I find it funny. You're acting like you're the one that invented humour, and you have the right to decide whether something's a joke or not.
    *Waits patiently for flames*

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

To each his own.

Me invent humour? You don't want to know what the world would be like that if that were true. I do have the right to clarify whether something I say is a joke or not, but I have yet to tell someone here that they can't make jokes anymore because God kills babies when they try to. I think some people here aren't good at jokes, or have an underdeveloped sense of humour, but that's about it.

If I've said otherwise somewhere else, then please show me so I can issue an appropriate statement to weasel my way out of yet another mess.

There are so many things wrong with this statement:

1. I'm sick of them. Stop putting this at the end of every argumentative post. There hasn't been a decent flamewar here in ages, and very few individual flames. An insulting post is not a flame. Get that through your head.

2. You've started a trend among the more timid and impressionable members of doing this. The prevailing attitude seems to be "Oh no, I've said something that could potentially make someone angry. I'd better put something in how I'm waiting for flames now." If you said, you should be prepared to take the consequences on the chin, not hiding behind an "expecting to be flamed" shield of cowardice.

3. The attitude behind the statement is the worst though. You're implying that you are somehow worthy of flames, that for holding a different opinion you deserve to be burnt to a crisp by the cutting words of others. <insert appropriate jargon-ridden confidence boosting comments here>.

Bloody hell, the people I have to deal with...

12. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I was simply stating that I believed I would be flamed. I believe that if I hadn't written that you'd flame me to hell. Who said I was scared of you flaming me? Oh that's right, you did. :roll:

That wasn't what I was imlpying. I'm sorry that your judgement is clouded.

Bloody hell, the people that have to deal with you...

The fact is, if I hadn't put that at the end of my post you would have made an equally long post of flaming me. Congratulations though, you've gotten me to regret doing it. I'd rather a simple flaming.

13. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

Naw, you don't need to say that, you just need to tell him that I plan on moving to Aussie when I'm older. :) :D OH, and RP, I stood up for Wolf simply because that's one of the best posts he's ever made on Terra Arcanum, and then Jar slapped him in the face for it.

14. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Matt, I don't think it would be a good idea coming to Australia, I'm sure Jar has patriotic plans to take over the country in a few months and then he will go randomly killing people he doesn't like in the streets and especially at the airports. Not to mention the new communist regime would not welcome a capitalist person such as your self.

15. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

And we all know that if its in the Simpsons it must be true.

16. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

Of course its true!! :)
    Are you trying to tell me that i watch it twice a day for education and they teach me rubbish? :-o
    thats rubbish!! :akimbo: :minigun: :hump:

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

No I wouldn't. Contrary to popular belief, I do not flame each and every person I talk with on the board. You just take every single dispute/insult/argumentative post and group it under "flame".

Which was the aim of my post in the first place.

Should be honoured. They get to talk with me, and receive my attention. Why should they not feel like a ray of summer sunshine while interacting with me?

It's cool, he can live in Tasmania.

18. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

Actually Jar, I'm not angry. I saw it for the joke it was. My troop knows that I'm bisexual, but they don't mind, because I have no intention to date within the troop... all those younger guys are gross.... Anyway! Wolf, you need to make a post, and not try to get flames. Seriously, you whine about being flamed, yet the way you post encourages it. Xento, if I'm offended, let me defend myself, it was a very nice thing to do, but I don't need you to defend me, thanks. Especially when I find Jar's post funny. I don't plan to live in Tasmania, I'm not sure where though.

19. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Try this, Matt. I don't give a shit.

Our Host!