Is this the way it is going to be? (Staying in houses at nig

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by PeeCee, Jun 27, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi all.

I was wondering. In the demo you can remain in the stores, banks and houses even after the owner goes to bed. By advancing time to the right moment you can follow the owner to thier bunk before they close the door and lock it. Then you can grab the keyes from them if you wish, or just try to pick the locks of their chests. Is this the way it's going to be in the full game. I personally manage to steal all the items from the tree stores and the bank during the night. (I did one store per night.) then in the morning I sold everything back to the store owner. Some of the items they didn't want back, but I made an easy 10000 gold this way.

I guess that items in Arcanum will be expensive and that the money will come in handy. I haven't noticed any major shift in alignment by using thieving skills.

So my question is. Will the owners of places that is off limits at night kick you out or will you still be able to remain in their houses while they sleep?

I guess thats why I am asking and I do hope someone will be able to answer.

/PeeCee

2. Aldin

Aldin New Member

I don't know if they kick you out, I do know that if you make too much noise they will wake up and be very upset at your being in their house.

3. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

thannks Aldin.

I figured as much. The biggest error I did was trying to remove the dress of the Elven woman that lives north of the doc, while she slept. How was I suppose to know she was wearing it. All I saw was that it was in her backpack.

/PeeCee

4. Aldin

Aldin New Member

I hate to ask PeeCee but,
    Why /were/ you trying to remove the elven lady's dress in the middle of the night? :razz:
    ~Aldin

5. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

At least he wasn't going after Jongles robes

*Shudder*

6. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Lol Aldin.

She was putting up to much of a fight when she was awake.

Well, it's like this. I was short on cash and wanted to know how much I could sell the dress for. After all. It belong to an female elven mage.

No, but seriosly. I found it in her inventory. I thought that it was a quest item or something. I don't think the other shopkeepers have their clothes in their inventory.

/PeeCee

7. Jo

Jo New Member

You can still follow people to their chests, sometimes however (specifically when they sleep next to their chest), they wake up when you try to pick the lock. In these cases, you can simply hang around until they go back to the shop front and pick the lock during the day. You then have to wait until night again to leave (unless you have the teleport spell, or something similar).

Our Host!