Is there any way to play with full ogre or full orc??

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Arthur_Vaapeli, Feb 5, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

Is there any way to hack/cheat/unlock/exploit the game so I can play with them?

I'd love to see how the game would look like playing with a huge-ass ogre or a savage orc.

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I've seen videos and pics of people playing as full orcs, not sure how it's done though. I'm sure Drog or rroyo will know. As for ogre, I've never seen it.

3. Crypton

Crypton Member

Afaik, it's not possible, since there's a lot of missing animations... however, the beta content restoration pack contains all the required animations for making orcs as playable race, so it might be possible to create a mod that will allow you to play with full orc character.

Also, there is another problem - engine, it will be *hard* to add new race into it, I think, so it'll be easier to replace some other race.

:thumbup:

4. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Ogres, Orcs and Dark Elves aren't supposed to be playable, they will fail numerous race checks throughout the game, some quests (including a main plot one) will be unfinishable.

Anyway, both half-ogres and ogres use the same art, so you can just choose a half-ogre and pretend that you're playing an ogre. As for the orcs, it's possible to hack a savegame to change your character's graphics, so that you look like an orc, you won't be able to equip anything other than barbarian and plate armor, though.

I was once working on a mod that made these 3 races playable, but I eventually gave up, since way too many dialogs and scripts had to be expanded, and often the player being one of these races didn't make any sense story-wise. An orc getting an audience with Gilbert Bates? A Dark Elf in Qintarra? Etc, etc. Lots of engine hacks were needed as well, you wouldn't even get correct race based reaction bonuses/penalties from NPCs, otherwise.

In short, they were never supposed to be playable, forget it.

5. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

Damn, seems like I'll have to stay with table-top D&D 3.5 hahah!

Thank you for your time guys.

Our Host!