Is it worth it to...*spoilers*

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Narmy, Sep 22, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Narmy

Narmy New Member

Kill the king of Caladon? I managed to get in there, kill him, and get out without being seen, and yet all of Caladon hates me now. I only did it because I want to be as evil as possible, hehe.

Is there any reason to go back to Caladon anymore? I'm at the part of the story where I found the dark elf book and have to go to their village. Also will there be a newspaper headline about the assassination? I'd like to see that.... :lol:

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Caladon is no longer on your list of acceptable destinations - everyone there will try to KILL YOU.

I can't remember if there's a headline or not, but I'd be pretty surprised if there wasn't.

3. Narmy

Narmy New Member

Yeah, figured that one out while escaping the palace, when even the civilians were out to kill me. I had stupidly left my companions on the edge of the dock by the guy who sneaks you in.... and I had given all my items to one of them so I could carry out the whole treasury.

I ended up having to walk all the way to Blackroot (alone), so I could take a boat back to Caladon (to get my companions), so I could take another boat back to Tarant. I've since loaded an older saved game since I wanted to explore more of Caladon, like the sewers and the murder mystery and the rest of the Underground missions.

Does the ending of the game change depending on what you did? Once I finish up in Caladon I may just storm the castle with my companions next time, but either way the king's head will be mine, even if I have to murder every citizen. :) ...That may be a while though, since I discovered Nasrudin's Tomb while exploring the sewers, and I want to meet the archbishop (or whatever his title is) of the Panarii church once he comes back.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

He will appear eventually. And when he does and after you do everything possible with the story arc in which he'll be involved, feel free assassinate the king and kill every single citizen of Caladon, if that is your desire. After all, if an angry citizen attacks you first, he deserves what's comming for him, doesn't he?

Have you ever finished Fallout/Fallout 2? If so, I could simply tell you the ending works pretty much the same way. But if you didn't, I can reveal that the ending cinematic indeed changes depending on what have you done in the game.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

If you're playing the evil-minded type, following that storyline, there might be a time when you need to return to Caladon. Fortunetly for you, the people you have to meet there aren't aligned with Caladon and won't attack you. Neat, yes?

Our Host!