Is custom music even possible without renaming the file?

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Chaoswizard98, Sep 9, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Has anyone had any success in adding custom music into the game? I know the whole rename the music as one already in arcanum thing, but I was wondering if anyone has successfully added music without renaming the file.
    In Schemelist I added the line: {6100}{..\..\Arcanum\sound\music\Day.mp3 /loop /vol:50}

And in SchemeIndex I added: {61}{M.Day #6100}
    Ive tryed adding the music to arcanums sound file as well as my mods sound file, renaming the mp3 to a wav, and a few other things. It does not show up in the dropdown menu when adding music to a sector, and calling the music from a script wont work as well. Anyone ever get this to work?

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Well, rroyo did. He successfully made that hobbit theme play in shire locations. rroyo may be hard to reach though, so if anything else including contacting him fails, I'd suggest downloading his mod and figuring out how he got this to work from the inside. The particular tune I'm talking about is arcanum5.dat/sound/hobbits.mp3

3. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

I actually saw his old post

"You'll need to match it up with schemeindex.mes. I haven't added any new music, but I did add a couple new sound effects that way.

Example:
    Schemeindex - {60}{A.RunningWater #6000}
    Schemelist - *** Running Water ***
    {6000}{creek.wav /loop /freq:5/ vol:5}"

however trying that didnt work so well lol Ill download his mod and give it a go. So I need to undat his mod then im guessing? No better time to learn how to undat stuff then, good thing I believe in "winging it" Thanks for the reply muro, I swear once I figure this out thats gunna be in my next tutorial vid. Too many people have problems with this lol.

Edit: downloaded arcanunv1 and it wont work =/ earlier this week my antivirus program deleted one of my dll files, no clue why it wasnt a virus, and guess which file this program needs to run...Thanks Norton. Anyways Ill see if I can get this working.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Just dug up that post of his. It was submitted months before he included Brandybuck (the shire I was referring to) in his mod, so he probably figured out how to add music at some time in between those events.

For undating I'd recommend DATBuilder, a fairly user-friendly tool.

5. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Alright Ill try it out thanks muro :)

Edit: Just undatted the thing, everything I did looks exactly the same as his...Theres got to be some underlying issue im missing.

Edit: I just copyed his sound folder into my test mod and made sure everything was correct. Still nothing will show up in the dropdown menu. Im not sure if I need to call the scheme from a script. If so what script do I use? Ive tryed a bunch of them with no luck.

Also World ed's manual says, Valid sound numbers can be set in WorldEd in Edit->Media->Sounds->General
    There is no edit tab...unless Im missing something.

It seems whatever I put in schemeindex for some reason refuses to show up in world edit. This is a real head scratcher...

Our Host!