Is a dual teleport possible?

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by rroyo, Nov 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'm currently working on a scene where you've snuck into a fenced-in area with a locked gate. The NPC inside is wandering around a rather extensive path. If you speak to the fellow, one of the dialog options is, "The gate wasn't fully latched." This will eventually lead him to shooing you back out of the gate.

What I'd like to show is a short 1-2 second fade, then the PC (and followers) on one side of the gate and the NPC on the other. The NPC then resumes his path regardless of where you spoke to him - or even returning to the day-stand until the next cycle kicks in would be good.

I've tried the "obvious" fade and teleport lines for each and I've experimented with some looping but keep getting a teleport of the PC (and follower) only. The NPC part is being ignored. He continues his rounds from where we spoke.

Any help on this would be welcomed.

2. zynklu

zynklu New Member

What about attache that not-working part of script on Hearthbeat of NPC but firstly put if global flag x ==1 and it will be set up when PC spokes that line?

3. BPD

BPD New Member

You could have him taser/cattle prod your character, reducing his fatigue to unconcious levels after the fade. Then, in the time where the PC is regaining conciousness, have the NPC run to his start coordinates. If he's not on screen, it'd be as good as a teleport.

Also gives the PC motivation not to get caught. :+D

Have you tried the "teleport (obj) to map (num) at x: y:" for the NPC, and then the teleport and fade for the PC and party?

Our Host!